recomendations for Dallas BBQ?

ammoore

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Will be in Dallas in a few months for a family wedding.
Never been before and looking for suggestions on a place to get some good Q.

Read a few online reviews, but figured why mess around with uninformed opinions. So I ask the Brethren.....where should I go? and where should I avoid?

Last edited:
Go to the Hill Country!:cry: Seriously the Q in Dallas is nothing to write home about. I guess I'd suggest North Main in Euless, Mike Andersons in Dallas across from Parkland Hospital (rough area) and not much else.

Oh ya....if you want some good Dallas food.....TEX MEX....now we do that great!:thumb:

Dallas is not the best Q town. If you can get a couple days off to drive down to the Hill Country surrounding Austin, there is a lot of righteous Q.

North Main in Euless is okay, but I wasn't blown away by it. Stay away from farking Sonny Bryan's, no matter what you may have seen on TV.

I always tell brethren coming to Dallas to focus on TexMex, because we have plenty of really good TexMex in town. I like La Hacienda Ranch, Mi Cocina, Blue Mesa and Cantina Laredo -- four different twists on good TexMex.

And, stay the fark away from Sonny Bryant's.

CD

Rudy's bbq in allen or frisco has the central tx style Q that is pretty good. I like the moist cut on the brisket and some jalapeno sausage and the green chili. If you want to take Kingranch450 and Casseydogs advise i would go to anamias for the the tex-mex, also in coppell. For a decent steak/price go to saltgrass.

I'd try hard 8 in coppell

I've been to the one in Stephenville, and it was pretty good. I haven't been to the one in Coppell. I love Cooper's in Llano, but really don't know anything about the one in Fort Worth.

BTW, Saltgrass steakhouse is good, IMO, but not great. Good value for the money, I suppose.

CD

North Main in Euless is OK, just skip the sauce. If you must go to Sonny Bryant's for whatever reason, as CD said, try to avoid it and instead on the same side of the street there's a Korean BBQ Taco stand that is awesome.

Not too long ago my wife brought a pork chop home from Cooper's in Ft Worth! Jus as good as I remembered them being in Llano before they blew up. Might be worth the stop.

I too heard about the new place called Lockharts as per Vinny above. I know of no one yet who has tried it. Might be worth a look if time permits.

Not too long ago my wife brought a pork chop home from Cooper's in Ft Worth! Jus as good as I remembered them being in Llano before they blew up. Might be worth the stop.

Blew up? As in boom, or as in too busy? The Cooper's in New Braunfels has been pretty good the last two times.

Blew up? As in boom, or as in too busy? The Cooper's in New Braunfels has been pretty good the last two times.

Got busy. The last time I was there several years ago it just wasn't the same. It's not fair for to have expected it to be either.

Come to Austin there's J Muellers bbq and Franklins bbq are all in the city no need to drive out to the hill country unless you really like hawaiian barbecue :(. Lockhart I don't consider the hill country and I feel these two pit bosses have good enough bbq to keep me inside the city limits, you should try them out.

Back