Operation BBQ Relief Needs Help in Alabama!

Jeff_in_KC

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
OBR officially is in operation, set up in Pinson, Alabama. Thanks to Lynn Entrekin for early recon and in dealing with a tough situation on the ground in Jefferson County. Our SE Coordinators, Gary and Dionn Lanton will be on site by noon tomorrow. OBR will finish this operation after noon meals are served on Sunday, January 29. Estimated counts are 1,500 meals per day through Sunday.

If you are able to volunteer, please respond on our FB page at www.Facebook.com/operationbbqrelief. We estimate needing 10 to 12 OBR volunteers to be onhand each day. If you can bring smokers, it will help. I will post a suggested list of items to bring on the FB page.

If you have product to donate and can deliver or know someone who will be going, please also let me (Jeff) know at (816) 590-5057. We can also accept drop shipments to the address: ATTN: OBR, Gary Lanton, 5271 Old Springville Road, Pinson, AL 35126. As we will end the operation on Sunday, it will need to be done soon to get delivery in time.

Products needed: barbecue rub, barbecue sauce, charcoal, smokin wood, buns (lots of them), individual packages of chips (various kinds, doesn't matter), cases of bottled water, disposable aluminum pans, both full and half sizes, #10 cans of vegetetables, fresh fruits.

TO MAKE A CASH DONATION IN SUPPORT OF OPERATION BBQ RELIEF FOR JEFFERSON COUNTY, ALABAMA, please visit our Web site at www.OperationBBQRelief.org and click on the "Donate" button at the top of the page! We need your support to help victims of the tornado here! Thank you!

Kelley's Food is a small, family owned meat distrubutior out of Elba, AL (south AL) Might want to give them a call and tell them what you are doing. They might be able to help out.

We use them to buy butts when doing fund raisers when we can as they are the supplier to most the meat markets we would buy them from otherwise.

http://www.kelleyfoods.com/

If anyone is available to help out in Alabama today and tomorrow, OBR is in day three in Pinson at the Clearview Baptist Church. So far, close to 3,000 meals served in the last two days! Don';t need smokers, just hands. Thanks!

If you are within several hours area and don't have anything to do you should really go help! Just hop in the car and go, I promise they will put you to work. It was one of the most rewarding feelings I have ever had!

Operation BBQ Relief has cooked up and served almost 5,000 meals (since Thursday)with one day left in the operation in Pinson, Alabama! We want to recognize a few really special people who are making it happen:

Lynn Entrekin
Gary and Dionn Lanton
Kell Phelps

These people are true angels and we hope next time you see any of them, you'll thank them for their service to those in need!

Thanks folks!

Jeff Stith, Stan Hays, Will Cleaver
Operation BBQ Relief, Inc.

Thank them for their hard work from me Jeff.
I doubt I will ever get the chance to shake their hands in person.

Back