Operation BBQ Relief

Learning to BBQ

is Blowin Smoke!
I hope this is the correct forum for this post, but I haven't noticed a post about it.

I was just watching the news and watching the devastation in KY (and elsewhere), and the story was about the community coming together and helping each other. So it got me thinking about Operation BBQ Relief and if they were going to be heading there. I went to their website and right on the home page it says they've already deployed to Mayfield, KY.

There is a link on their page to a gofundme account!

I have sent a donation to them to help them out in feeding the people affected and those who are helping in all the efforts to help recovery.
I hope other Brethren will also help with donations, no matter what amount.
This happened at a time when all should be enjoying the Christmas Season, but there will be no Christmas for them , unless we step forward.
Thank You Brethren!!!

Good idea and thanks for posting. I'll take care of that as soon as I'm off work today.

I hope this is the correct forum for this post, but I haven't noticed a post about it.

I was just watching the news and watching the devastation in KY (and elsewhere), and the story was about the community coming together and helping each other. So it got me thinking about Operation BBQ Relief and if they were going to be heading there. I went to their website and right on the home page it says they've already deployed to Mayfield, KY.

There is a link on their page to a gofundme account!

Thanks for posting George!

Here is a link to donate to OBR for those who are able to help!

And thanks to those who have already donated!

https://volunteers.operationbbqrelief.org/donations/donate-now

I have it linked to my paypal for charity, so whenever I make any paypal payments-it rounds up and sends the difference to OBR. Not a ton at any time obviously, but a small way to keep helping.

I wish they would do some sort of raffle to raise money. I'm a sucker for those. Always getting in on allocated bourbon raffles for Habitat for Humanity, or when the Shirleys would do theirs with a charity as well.

I elected this time not to donate to OBR, as I know that many of you fine folks do support them. Instead, I found a news story about a gentlemen that drove up from Clarksville, TN (about 1.5 hours away) on his own with a borrowed cooker and started feeding people. I went ahead and made my donation to him.

If you haven't seen it and want to check it out, search for Jimmy Finch on google or YouTube. Cool story......

Here's wishing the people affected by the storms happy holidays and all the best. 8 years ago a massive EF4 ripped through Washington, IL in November. It destroyed about 500 homes or so in a town of 15,000 people. Luckily there was only 1 fatality as it occurred on a Sunday morning. OBR deployed to them and was on site for a long time. My kids and I spent a lot of hours cleaning up. It's devastating.......

I donated to OBBR and tried to register, but it kept telling me that it needed my IP address (probably a JS issue related to my Adblock settings).
If anyone knows how to register for OBBR with Adblock enabled, let me know!

Regards, and Merry Christmas!

Chuck

I elected this time not to donate to OBR, as I know that many of you fine folks do support them. Instead, I found a news story about a gentlemen that drove up from Clarksville, TN (about 1.5 hours away) on his own with a borrowed cooker and started feeding people. I went ahead and made my donation to him.

If you haven't seen it and want to check it out, search for Jimmy Finch on google or YouTube. Cool story......

Here's wishing the people affected by the storms happy holidays and all the best. 8 years ago a massive EF4 ripped through Washington, IL in November. It destroyed about 500 homes or so in a town of 15,000 people. Luckily there was only 1 fatality as it occurred on a Sunday morning. OBR deployed to them and was on site for a long time. My kids and I spent a lot of hours cleaning up. It's devastating.......

I saw that also, it is Great that individuals take the time and effort to help those who need it. It shows the true spirit of the American People in the willingness to help others in such a time of devastation and loss.
I saw another story of another BBQ'er who loaded up a trailer full of Hygene supplies and took them to those affected.
I Thank all those who selflessly donate or just give of their time and resources to help.

My sister in law lost theirs during that one.

Just joined up and donation to OBR submitted.

Last edited:
I donated to OBBR and tried to register, but it kept telling me that it needed my IP address (probably a JS issue related to my Adblock settings).
If anyone knows how to register for OBBR with Adblock enabled, let me know!

Regards, and Merry Christmas!

Chuck

Disable your adblocker, register, then re-enable?

OBR setting up a holiday dinner for those affected. Pass it on to anyone that may be hungry or just wants to be around friends.

#WeAreOBR

Vfp0JGk.jpg

If you are on Facebook and not familiar with Operation BBQ Relief, you should search for their FB page. They did a couple of live feeds yesterday they gave a good glimpse into how big of an operation they have. Quite impressive! Support if you can!!

Back