Smoked chicken and steak enchiladas (pron)

TIMMAY

is Blowin Smoke!
Well, I really do not know what is really in an enchilada but I called it cause I covered it in red enchilada sauce so thats what I call em. rubbed the thighs with some generic Mccormick's seasoning, then smoked the thighs pretty much wide open didnt measure the temp, over some mesquite. cooked em skin down since nobody was eating the skin, so I put the rub on the non skin side. Cooked two tiny top round steaks. Now I know why they are so inexpensive. I had to slice those suckers paper thin to make em edible. I even took em off at med rare and foiled and rested for an hour.

enchiladachicken.jpg

And on to the rest of the prep. In the bowl with the steak and chicken I sauteed an onion, a seeded and deveined jalapeno, one green pepper, and some ortega chiles. Mixed in some of the red sauce, sliced black olives, a bunch of shredded cheese, garlic, and a little bit of refried beans.

enchiladaspread.jpg

get em rolled up and in a pan with more red sauce, cheese, and more onions on top. Bruce made some guacamole that was simply the best guac I have ever had. And now the money shot. Still need to work on oy pic taking skills.

moneyenchiladas.jpg

"enchilada" means in chile sauce so what you put inside them doesn't change that, they're still enchiladas. :) Smoked chicken and steak are great fillings, hardly controversial!

Back