THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

energyzer

is one Smokin' Farker
Here is the link: http://slickdeals.net/forums/showthread.php?t=2939337

Here is the opening post:

Best of Charcoal 2011 - Kingsford Charcoal 33.2 lbs $7.50, Memorial Day '11 Charcoal Wars
Memorial day is huge for charcoal sales and I hope to track the best in this thread.

Walmart's ad starting 5/22/2011 shows that you can get a 2 pack of 16.6 lbs of Kingsford charcoal for $7.50 (last week's sale price was $7.48 for one bag). This should be the beginning of a week and a half of charcoal wars between Lowes, Home Depot and Walmart. In preparation for last year's Memorial Day, Home Depot had a 40lb deal for about $11, I believe anyway, and Lowes came in a few days later with a buy one get one free deal that turned out to be a slightly better deal. I've attached an image of the page below.

Walmart - 22.6 cents per pound
Lowes - No entry yet
HD - No entry yet
Costco Bay Area - 52.8 cents per pound --- Kingsford Competition Briquets 2 - 18 LB Bags $18.99

Last edited:
cool

I make it a point to visit HD & Lowes on Memorial Day & Labor Day weekends just for the charcoal deals. Guess I'll have to add WalMart to the list.

Don't forget to ask about damaged bags. When I purchased my pile at HD, 2X20lb, I bought some damaged bags for 50% off sale price. That is 40lbs for $5.49, or $.14/lb. When I got them home, I weighed the bags, and they were all 20lbs.

If you follow that slickdeals.net thread I posted, the person is updating the starting message with prices as they find them.

Sweet thread, was thinking about this today. I bought a skid worth of bags of Blue K at HD last year on memorial day weekend and I'm down to my last 2 bags

So far, my store's local ad (online) still says $7.48 for a single 16.6lb bag. Oh well, I think I hit Home Depot hard enough that I'll be ok this summer.

I found (hidden outside in the garden area) the double packs for $7.50. I bought two double-packs. If Lowes or HD have specials, I'll look at them.

Jeff See

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Home Depot has traditionally had 2 20lb bags for $9.95 for Memorial. Last year I bought 600lbs. I'll do the same this year...

After being a big K brand fan for over 20 years, they have simply lost my business when they started screwing around with the price! I started shoping and found Royal Oak as well as several other briquettes and lump - which I favor. NEVER AGAIN!

Royal Oak is 2 for $9 for 18lb bags at Menards thru Memorial day. Since I can us a HF coupon to bring it down even more may try it.

Ah, you are right about that I believe. Menards is much more strict about taking that coupon. HD it would be golden..they just don't care. Can use it on anything there.

brickie

I cleaned out my local Walmart yesterday:becky:

0_IMAGE_506.jpg

Back