My 1st Chuck Eye Steaks

Midnight Smoke

somebody shut me the fark up.
On the newly cleaned grates. The grates were a mess, wire brush on the drill and steel wool. Seasoned 3 times in the oven.

I still did not get great grill marks but these were some of the most tender steaks I have done to date.

Picture042.jpg

Picture046.jpg

Almost Ready.

Picture048.jpg

{Midnight ☼ Smoke};1561886 said:
These are sold as Chuck Eye's, I believe they are a part of the Rib Eye.

yes, you are correct. the eye of the chuck is indeed part of the rib eye, just further down is all. i just read an article last night on this

Definition: The Chuck Eye Steak is cut from the chuck eye roast (Chuck Primal), lower down from the rib primal. This means that this steak is a similar cousin to a Rib-Eye Steak.

Anyway, those look realy good. im hopin to pick some up and freeze in a vacuum bag

HA! Nice lookin' steaks!

When I first saw the thread title and poster, I went....."Nuh-UH!" I knew that you'd done chuck eye's before as you were the one that inspired ME to try them!:thumb:

Just so happens that when I went in on a 1/2 beef with my brother, I ordered up a whole CHITLOAD of chuck eye steaks! Haven't tried them yet.....YET!

Great lookin grates too!
:clap2:

man those look great! chuck eyes are my favorite steak!!!! relatively inexpensive but full of flavor. just don't go over medium. i like mine medium rare.

yes, you are correct. the eye of the chuck is indeed part of the rib eye, just further down is all. i just read an article last night on this

Definition: The Chuck Eye Steak is cut from the chuck eye roast (Chuck Primal), lower down from the rib primal. This means that this steak is a similar cousin to a Rib-Eye Steak.

Based on the definition above and my understanding, it does not appear that the chuck eye is part of the rib eye... Just that it's the similar cut from a similar, but different section of meat.

Back