THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

cowgirl

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
jeanie
I think I've been missing my mom lately... She was a good southern cook.
I came across some nice collard greens the other day...

006-4-1.jpg

removed the thick stems..

007-7-1.jpg

made a pork/beef sausage mix...

003-2-1-1.jpg

filled the washed leaves with the pork mixture..

009-4-1.jpg

rolled and into the skillet with some chicken stock...

012-6-1.jpg

and a splash of the good stuff.. ( I didn't have southern comfort)

014-7-1.jpg

onto the smoker with some mac n cheese..

024-5-1.jpg

made some biscuits.. brushed them with bacon drippings..

028-2-1.jpg

035-1-1.jpg

045-3-1.jpg

046-3-1.jpg

The smoked mac n cheese, biscuit, pork stuffed collard greens topped with a hot bacon dressing....

a612757e-1.jpg

It was kind of tasty and brought back good memories. :)

066-1-1-1.jpg

Thanks for looking!

A new "adult" twist on an old favorite..great job girl! You know I love my liquor and smoke :)

I've never had anything like that being from California. Makes me feel like I've been cheated or something. I've just gotta try that Collard green dish. Wow! Really nice meal.

That is insanely righteous! Pork stuffed collards with hot bacon dressing, paleeze have some mercy. That is a to do!!

Jeanie thanks for the trip down memory lane...I'm still a Virginia boy on the inside, I sure do miss my granny's southern cookin'

The Southern Comfort...well that was college (actually, I have trouble remembering all of this...but SC was involved)!!

Thank you Jimmy, Shawn, Ron, Marty, BBQPD and Blue! Any greens will work if you don't like collards...

Oklahoma Spring Rolls? good lookin grub. Did the Crown stay for the meal?:bounce:
haha... Thanks Pat, I like that name. :becky: The crown didn't stick around but I'm tempted to go find it right now. lol Thanks...

Jeanie thanks for the trip down memory lane...I'm still a Virginia boy on the inside, I sure do miss my granny's southern cookin'

The Southern Comfort...well that was college (actually, I have trouble remembering all of this...but SC was involved)!!

lol FamilyMan.. I'm glad it brought back good memories for you....well at least SOME memories.. :becky:

Your an artist Jeanie. Any chance on sharing your recipie for the hot bacon dressing?

Thank you Neil, coming from you means a lot to me...
Here is the recipe I use...

Fried 5 pieces of bacon, sauted some leeks and onion in the bacon drippings.
Added about 1 TBS of flour to thicken..
Then added..
1/3 cup of water
1/4 cup of cider vinegar
2 TBs of sugar...you can add more if needed
Salt and pepper to taste

Add crumbled crisp bacon last or on top of your greens.

Adjust it how ever you like. It can be a bit twangy but good. :-D

Last edited:
WOW, you talk about comfort food, that is one great plate of comfort food.

Jeanie, I would be eternally grateful to know what your inspiration is and what cookbooks, if any, that you use.

Thank you Gore, Wheelterrapin and Ray! :)

Jeanie, I would be eternally grateful to know what your inspiration is and what cookbooks, if any, that you use.
OneHump... my Mom was a good cook.. I grew up on this stuff. No cookbooks, I look in the freezer or pantry and try to use what I have on hand.
Other than that, I have a warped mind that will not turn off when it comes to smokin'. lol Thanks!

Jim, Thanks, I appreciate that! :thumb:

Back