Wsm 22.5"

Smoothsmoke

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Do they ever go on sale? I'm trying to find one on CL w/o any luck. My hope is to find one at 300....expectations are probably too high huh?

Also, what should I look for when purchasing a used WSM? Anything in specific I need to see to make sure I dont get taken?? I ask because I've never seen one up close.

Last edited:
Just to update this thread. I got my brand new 22.5" WSM for 320!!! Plus tax of course. :thumb::thumb::thumb:

Wow! That's a great price...may I ask where you purchased it? :cool:

Wow! That's a great price...may I ask where you purchased it? :cool:

Here is what I did. Sears has the 22" WSM at $320. However it is not sold directly by Sears, it says sold by Stanios. Sears offers no free shipping whatsoever, and it cost about $125 to have it shipped so it's well over $400 See link below.

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_...o=2&blockType=G2&prdNo=2&i_cntr=1298824980465

The good news is Lowes does not know that the shipping is not free. :becky: So what I did is I called Lowes customer service and asked them to price match. The rep told me they had to call my local store and ask the store manager to agree with the price match. The rep put me on hold and called the mgr., he agreed and voila. I got my WSM with free shipping to the store for $320 plus tax. :cool:

Oh I tried with HD, and they were willing to price match as well, but they were showing out of stock at the time. I just checked now as I'm writing all of this and it's in stock at HD too, with free shipping. Take advantage brothers before Sears pulls the ad.

I was very determined to find this model at a good price. I had lost a couple of ebay auctions and was feeling down and out.

Nice, I paid $350 for my from Amazon Outlet (damaged box), with no tax and free shipping. In TN Sales tax is 10% so It would have been about the same for me.

Great deal you got though.

Just got back from Lowes and placed an order for a 22.5 WSM for $270. I used the Sears price match for $330, and then bought a $500 “tax refund + 10% card”, which I used for the purchase of the WSM. On March 18th the card gets credited with 10% of the original card purchase price of $500, so mentally of course I’m applying that sum to my WSM.

So let’s look at the savings;
$399 original purchase price
$320 Sears price match (thank you smoothsmoke)
-$50 “tax refund” on Lowes money card
= $270 A savings of $129, not bad.

Just got back from Lowes and placed an order for a 22.5 WSM for $270. I used the Sears price match for $330, and then bought a $500 “tax refund + 10% card”, which I used for the purchase of the WSM. On March 18th the card gets credited with 10% of the original card purchase price of $500, so mentally of course I’m applying that sum to my WSM.

So let’s look at the savings;
$399 original purchase price
$320 Sears price match (thank you smoothsmoke)
-$50 “tax refund” on Lowes money card
= $270 A savings of $129, not bad.

Good job. :thumb:

I hope more people take advantage of this.

Thanks for the heads up. I have a Home Depot gift card I need to use.

Appreciate the heads up smoothsmoke, just ordered one from Lowes for $320....good call!!

Bingo!

Just ordered the 22.5 from HD!
Matched the Sears price no questions.

Look out briskets!:clap2:

Great job guys. With the money saved, go buy some charcoal, wood chunks, a brisket, butt and some spares. :cool:

We better hurry up, ! had a follow up call from HD regarding shipping! $125.00
The folks were real nice but it required a 2nd tier supervisor to close the deal at $320.00.

And before I forget, THANK YOU!, Smooth Smoke for the shopping tips!

Back