Competition Pork

holysmokes

Got Wood.
We are having a tough time in the pork category at recent competitions. Ive tried powdered injections with juice. Ive tried some homemade injections but nothing that hits consistantly. Any advise would be appreciated.

Saw you guys get called up yesterday, but can't remember which of the other categories it was for :p. We are no experts, but had a nice finish in the Backyard teams with our pork. We didn't inject since I have tried that many times but for the life of me can't taste the difference. We focused hard on the presentation and tenderness. We foil and think that helps. Though not sure if any of that is really advice :crazy:.

Hey guys, would you be willing to give our stuff a try?

Smoke On Wheels - Pork Marinade & Injection

For the record, after roughly 10 KCBS competitions and never even coming close in pork, I switched to the SOW Marinade and Injection and took 9th in pork at the Sam's event in Conroe.

It will be in use again next weekend at the KCBS event in Bedford, Texas.

Last edited:
For the record, after roughly 10 KCBS competitions and never even coming close in pork I switched to the SOW Marinade and Injection and took 9th at the Sam's event in Conroe.

It will be in use again next weekend at the KCBS event in Bedford, Texas.

That is a great contest! See you there my friend.

Kosmo

We switched to Kosmo's Pork Injection mid season last year and have not looked back...Darian's products have helped us win 6 GC's this year alone...:thumb:

I've tried the SOW Pork marinade and injection and only used it as an injection. Unless I'm doing something wrong I didn't get much out of the product. Any ideas on the proper use of this stuff? I've got 2 more bottles that I want to use but don't want to waste it.

I've tried the SOW Pork marinade and injection and only used it as an injection. Unless I'm doing something wrong I didn't get much out of the product. Any ideas on the proper use of this stuff? I've got 2 more bottles that I want to use but don't want to waste it.

How much are you putting into the pork? 1 bottle should be good for 2 butts (unless they are huge).
How long are you letting it sit before you cook? We recommend 6 - 8 hours

Please feel free to PM me or HoDeDo if you have questions.

If it ends up not working for you try it with other cuts of meat. My MIL has been trying both marinades with all sorts of things. LOL. She says the pork marinade is good with chicken.

You never know how the judges will be At New Holland last weekend we thought Pork was by far our best. Mike Fay thought it was his best ever. We placed in everything but Pork. If we had placed in that we would have won GC. We used Fab

We switched to Kosmo's Pork Injection mid season last year and have not looked back...Darian's products have helped us win 6 GC's this year alone...:thumb:

This the same injection that you will use in your hot-n-fast cooking class...the one that sold out in a day?? :becky:

Back