BBQ-Brethren Coleslaw Recipies

IamMadMan

somebody shut me the fark up.
The summer has started and around Memorial Day the is a lot of requests for coleslaw recipes. Here is some basic history on the dish and some recipes.

Over the years I have tried these and found them to be unique in their own manner. They have all been tested and are all worthy of being put on my table. There are many recipes in the forum, but these are the ones I have tested and saved.

00-DzEFF6pBsMDqDDb1plziWNGDMdRCyocW8YPH2Sdv8EqziaqwsXFLdVMBKdFi4eEtV7ntXQOewWgszVPDOQPWWw

00-DzEFF6pBsMDqDDb1plziWNGDMdRCyocW8YPH2Sdv8EooDwhXdGn4tU-EOS92L0QFrnHjCyIZu59oV2we_kMG9A

00-DzEFF6pBsMDqDDb1plziWNGDMdRCyocW8YPH2Sdv8Eo_DYEOiPL1h_RhfMPtymSpVZV51t4MhjbEwRNyGscOgg

00-DzEFF6pBsMDqDDb1plziWNGDMdRCyocW8YPH2Sdv8EpXH6gP9tvhkBOSee5QU2rd5cYdfB3jRoL_VZILaXEufg

00-DzEFF6pBsMDqDDb1plziWNGDMdRCyocW8YPH2Sdv8ErPETzo40F5X1xXpGg3O8h9UnDnu4gHHWpfyYq5WwzmNg

00-DzEFF6pBsMDqDDb1plziWNGDMdRCyocW8YPH2Sdv8EogChXywmiaNRUOiBCYdxirqCe7ffHDJpwno-pEcjtJnw

00-DzEFF6pBsMDqDDb1plziWNGDMdRCyocW8YPH2Sdv8EqVfRC6pv-pWhRDPcFedJC3aAUrgnwgvQnZ_1RWb7NZPA

00-DzEFF6pBsMDqDDb1plziWNGDMdRCyocW8YPH2Sdv8Errc3GMU6t_1u56Z15nWEvKrnHjCyIZu59oV2we_kMG9A

00-DzEFF6pBsMDqDDb1plziWNGDMdRCyocW8YPH2Sdv8EpZk3OC45SOC0bYMzjsVV0-5cYdfB3jRoL_VZILaXEufg

00-DzEFF6pBsMDqDDb1plziWNGDMdRCyocW8YPH2Sdv8EoAQjvQyWkx0oszICDyrjFkldMTLfbtJ__wYVBQ_4iTow

00-DzEFF6pBsMDqDDb1plziWNGDMdRCyocW8YPH2Sdv8EqBrRkJOyvWyfX7Ii5_CdpV4xJ2Twu75QF_jizMkB1ZdA

00-DzEFF6pBsMDqDDb1plziWNGDMdRCyocW8YPH2Sdv8ErCKlWEujxaFjcaUQb_5flB5cYdfB3jRoL_VZILaXEufg

I can vouch for some of the Patio Daddio formulations in your list.

Back in the day the Kentucky Fried Chicken coleslaw was the bomb, partially because the finely chopped texture was perfect for a pulled pork sandwich, and also because the flavor was great. I had to wheel and deal with the local franchise owner, but he allowed me to pre-order a few days ahead and would sell it by the 1/2 pound. One time I took him a big sloppy PP sandwich wrapped up in tin foil, and 3 or 4 ribs. Then he caught on.

Swine Spectator's Slaw

1 C Mayonnaise (Blue Plate preferred)
1/2 C Cider Vinegar
1/3 C Sugar
1 1/2 TBS Celery Seed
Salt and Pepper to taste
2 packages of shredded cabbage

Salt and pepper cabbage in a gallon zip lock. Set aside.
Blend remaining ingredients in a bowl. Pour over cabbage and mix. Marinate for 4 hours.

Thanks for putting this together Bob, I can see myself referencing it several times this summer!

The 'cock of the walk' recipe has been my go-to for years. I think the important tip to slaw is to allow it time to rest and for the cabbage to break down a bit. In my experience, it's almost always a 'this will be better tomorrow' dish.

Don't know who it was but learned here about adding just a little horseradish to your slaw and it really takes it up a notch.

Also try adding some jalapeno to Neil's (Bigmista's) slaw that was listed first.

You can buy a chef's knife + a food processor for $99.

Used to go fly-fishing with a really good cook. He'd bring his slaw bowl and ulu. Chef knife would be interesting in a bowl.
Your house your rules though.

Back