Dickey's Hotlinks

Fastball

Full Fledged Farker
Actually, I mis-spelled it. It's Dickey's.

What can you Texas Brethren tell me about them....I can get a chitload of these really cheap. Are they worth a crap? Or should I spend my money on something else.

Last edited:
We have a Dickey's around here. Haven't been in a while, but personally I like the hot links.

If it's the chain, they are OK. It's probably a personal thing, I just don't care for the texture and flavor. On the other hand I like the Earl Cambell's stuff, but I haven't tried any in the last year since they are supposed to have made some changes.

I know what you mean Jorge, I don't really care for the Earl Campbell, I really just stick with Mountain View (made in Stilwell, OK), but I can get a ton of these Dickey's hot links for about $1.50 per pound (all I want apparently), so was wondering if they were worth eating. Seem pretty cheap for natural casing hot links.

I think I'll just see if I can pick up 5lbs real quick and try'em. If I like'em, go back for more.

I know what you mean Jorge, I don't really care for the Earl Campbell, I really just stick with Mountain View (made in Stilwell, OK), but I can get a ton of these Dickey's hot links for about $1.50 per pound (all I want apparently), so was wondering if they were worth eating. Seem pretty cheap for natural casing hot links.

I think I'll just see if I can pick up 5lbs real quick and try'em. If I like'em, go back for more.

That's what I'd do.

Well....my better half picked up 5lbs of these, and I quickly cooked a couple on the stovetop for lunch (sorry, but Friday's are always busy for me).

I would have to say slightly above average. I wouldn't necessarily call them hot links though. If they don't make my forehead sweat, I don't consider them hot links, and they didn't so I'd call them just link sausages.

I thought the texture was good, and the natural casing was bite through, but I thought they were a little too salty and lacking in spicyness. I think before I pass judgement, I'll do'em up proper on the smoker this weekend, but they weren't anywhere close to Mountain View good.

Do they still sell the brand Fat Freddys in Texas?

Had them in Ennis Tx. in the late 90's.

Back