Smoked tuna w/ pron

qndummy

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
This my first time trying to post pron and I hope it all works ok.

Went tuna fishing last Thursday and caught a few bluefin tuna. I had to smoke the bellies and some chunks. It is some very fine eating.

I brined the tuna in a basic salt and sugar brine, then air dried in the refrigerator for 12 hours. Basted with Yoshidas and sprinkled some crushed red pepper on it and smoked for 3 hours at 180. came out real good.

IMG_0264.jpg

Bellies on smoker

Got rushed for time at the end of the smoke and forgot to take pron of finished tuna on the grill. Took pron afterwards.

IMG_0265.jpg

Finished Smoked Chunks

Thanks for checking out my smoked tuna

Dick

Now THAT is beatiful!!! Choice tuna. :thumb:

... what happened to rest of it?

Man I need to go fishing. :mad:

Great job Dick! I love Tuna and love smoked fish. I've done salmon and catfish but not tuna. Thanks.

Very Nice, I have never had Tuna, except out of a can. I think I should give this a try.

You nailed it!
BBS is gonna be jealous if he sees this!

Beautiful! I just smoked my first tuna steaks two weekends ago. Mine looked pretty good but had to settle for frozen though...yours look awesome!

That's good Big Bro. You deserve a good fishin'. Hope ya catch a big Tuna and school us.

Hey Dick, Showed Jim and Vince your post, now the really miss you at work. Great to see you firing up the WSM's

Back