THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sledneck

Full Fledged Farker
I need to buy a new gasser and don't want to spend a chit load on it. The one i had finally crapped out. Is Kenmore any good? What about any of these charbroil etc that they sell at lowes & Home Depot. I love weber product but do not want to spend the money on a Weber gasser. I rarely use it so I don't want to spend more than $300.

Pretty much all the big box stores have them all on sale right now, I've got a basic Vermont Casting without the side burner and like it alot, got it at HD.
IF you have a Big Lots store around, they had a nice stainless Charbroil lst week for only $188.

Scott

Our grocery store (Albertsons) had a couple of nice ones. Thing that impressed me was the shell was sturdy. One had a sear burner and the other did not. Sams had some keepers and some junk.

I'd shoot for a used Weber Genesis from Graig's list...you can get them for a prayer around here. If you're looking to buy new here is Consumer Reports recommendations...

Best for most; all are midsized and CR Best Buys:

Blue Ember by Fiesta FG50069-U401 (Home Depot) , $450, CR Best Buy
Brinkmann 810-8410S (Home Depot) , $200, CR Best Buy
Char-Broil Commercial Series 463268008 [Item #242266] (Lowe's) , $300, CR Best Buy

The high-performing Blue Ember's generous shelf space, side burner, built-in smoker box, and rotisserie burner are noteworthy features. Consider the stainless-steel Char-Broil for its abundant shelf space, side burner, and lifetime burner warranty. The Kenmore is a fine cooker and has a rotisserie burner. The Fiesta Optima Pro Series EZD555-B428 and Char-Broil 463730807 might be enticing, but the carts are flimsy and their handles became too hot during cooking.
spacer.gif

If you often cook for a crowd, consider these large grills; all are CR Best Buys:

Kenmore (Sears) 16315 , $570, CR Best Buy
Char-Broil Quantum 463248208 [Item #271572] (Lowe's) , $500, CR Best Buy

These stainless-steel grills offer very good performance. The Kenmore has five main burners with a 10-year warranty. Add in a rotisserie, side burners, and plenty of shelf space. The Char-Broil has infrared heat and a lifetime warranty on its burner.
If you like to tailgate:

Weber Q 200 396002 , $190

This portable model is very good at evenly cooking food and low-temperature grilling. You can buy a cart and adapter for a larger tank separately.
spacer.gif

Good Luck...and Happy Smokin'! :p

There is a Sears gasser at my folks house that I think I've rebuilt a half dozen times. I just get out the owners manual, call the 1-800 number for Sears parts and break it down for a cleaning and replacement of needed parts. As often as my Dad cooked on it, it was a great choice and saved them money over the years.

Look at CL, there's a Dukane for $10 on the Seattle CL. Admittedly that would be a bit of a drive for you and all and the cost of gas would probably offset any potential savings BUT if you were to make it a roadtrip you could bring the Spice Fairy with you, swing by and see the Love Master (aka Sparky, aka Billy) and pick up some real wood while out here. A Saudi prince was in with his 747 last week for the Microsoft conference and loaded up 75,000 eggs, that's right seventy five thousand eggs and 3 cords of wood so you know we gotta have some of the worlds best wood around here.Or in lieu of that, you could see what's on CL locally.

Back