Casual dinner while working on the pool..

GARNAAL

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
here we go ..
cleaning up my pool filters to get ready for that hot Houston summer..

some slowly grilled Beef ribs, simple rub (pepper/salt/paprika powder) and Hickory chips in the wood basket to add a light smokey taste , basted with some Red Wine Vinegar/BBQ sauce the last 1/2 hour..
with Grilled marinated Shiitake mushroom and Artichokes.
HPIM5621r.JPG

while cold smoking a side of Sockeye Salmon for ~5 hours with Apple wood sawdust, after brining it in Morton Tender Quick and Brown sugar overnight en drying it for a couple of hours.. Sliced up and on some Knackabrot with Cream cheese as appetizers ?
HPIM5610r.JPG

Looks great!
Can't wait for the spring salmon season here, we don't see enough smoked fish.
Hard to find fresh chokes here too, do you cook them til the leaves start to almost fall out or just look for a nice char?
Thanks!

Looks great!
Can't wait for the spring salmon season here, we don't see enough smoked fish.
Hard to find fresh chokes here too, do you cook them til the leaves start to almost fall out or just look for a nice char?
Thanks!

Love that Sockeye - !!

she marinated the halved artichokes and I grilled them for a while till they get soft.-

personally I like them better when she takes whole ones and sprinkles them with Olive oil and some pepper and salt - then in the microwave for a couple of minutes - separates the leaves - opening them up and sprinkles some more olive oil in it and dusts heavily with parmesan cheese in between the leaves - then on the grill to warm up again!!:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

Back