Fri PM/Sat AM smoke

jgh1204

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
About to put 2 of my butterflied boned boston butts on this evening and should be ready when I get up in the AM.

Something I noticed last night, some butts are just easier to bone. I have been boning a lot lately to make butterfly boston butts to smoke and make my buckboard bacon.

I would say more except I ran out of b's.

jgh1204 said:
Something I noticed last night, some butts are just easier to bone. I have been boning a lot lately.

Thanks for the laugh, you just made my entire day.

icemn62 said:
jgh1204 said:
Something I noticed last night, some butts are just easier to bone. I have been boning a lot lately.

Thanks for the laugh, you just made my entire day.

No kidding... there are just no words to discribe how reading that made me laugh... BBQ rocks!!

RE: Re: Fri PM/Sat AM smoke

Good thing I did not mention my 6" boner that I used to bone those butts.
1432.jpg
Cutlery : 6 inch curved boner 1432 Connoisseur Cutlery. The finest professional cutlery for hotels, restaurants, and institutions. Designed and produced with traditional Dexter/Russell® experience and craftsmanship. Stain-free, high-carbon steel blades, with edges stone-ground by hand and honed to ultimate sharpness.Formed, sanitary handles of laminated rosewood are impervious to stain, hot water, and food acids. Secured with large brass compression rivets. Russell Harrington Professional Cutlery.

RE: Re: Fri PM/Sat AM smoke

Nice boner!!

:shock:

Thanks for the laugh guys. Some times it's the little things that make you laugh, like a six inch boner. Mabye I'm just a simple minded ignoramus but I laughed till I almost fell out of my seat. I'm ready for some margaritas! Then it's up early Saturday and fire up the smoker for my first brisket. That's not counting the stupid corned beef brisket I did and ended up with twelve pounds of pastrami.

The 2 butterfly butts are about to come out of the smoker, they are at 193. I am going to cooler them overnight, then put into the fridge, got lots to do tomorrow.

I smoked these at a little higher temp than usual for me. I stayed 225-230 for 5 hours, foiled them, dropped them temp to 215 and they are just about ready. So that is a dramatic decrease in cooking time from my usual cook of 12-13 hours at 205 or so. Let's just hope they taste good.

Let you know tomorrow night.

Re: RE: Re: Fri PM/Sat AM smoke

Ron_L said:
Nice boner!!

:shock:

Maybe we can a brethren discount so we could all get 6" boners!

RE: Re: RE: Re: Fri PM/Sat AM smoke

Yep... That would be a discount! 50% off...

:wink:

We did not get to eating the pulled pork until tonight. Came out very good. So, if you need to do a butt and are short on time, this technique works well. If you like more bark pieces, it works very well.

icemn62 said:

Uh..with Phils new rules, I'm not sure he can post pics of the 6 inch boner....

I did not get pics this time.

Damn, that was funny

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Fri PM/Sat AM smoke

scottm4300 said:
icemn62 said:

Uh..with Phils new rules, I'm not sure he can post pics of the 6 inch boner....

Wait, don't we just need a signed affadavit that he's over 18? :D

Not that I want to see pix! sheesh...

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Fri PM/Sat AM smoke

I have been boning a lot lately to

Banana Cream Mod ?

Back