bbq betty goes brethren!

• Thread starter Rick's Tropical Delight
  • Start date
R

Rick's Tropical Delight

let me be the first to post a photo of their bbq mannequin in brethren garb! she is watching over 20 pounds of pork butt smoking away right now...

she's a little shy

brethrenbetty-009.jpg

till she warms up to ya :wink:

brethrenbetty-014.jpg

i'm going old skool for this one, brothers... no guru, no stoker, all egg, all betty :biggrin:

Rick did you rip her arms off? Too much Tango I guess. Sweet brethren accesories though!

i just went out and checked the egg. he is cruising nicely at 260 dome temp 3 hours in and i haven't touched it since i put in the pork and closed the dome.

betty didn't say a word

brethrenbetty-013.jpg

Good-bye horses
I'm lying over you
Good-bye horses
I'm lying, lying, lying over yooooooooooouuuuuuuuuu!!!! :twisted:

Hey I can do an imitation for you...

BobBrisket:

"I'd hit that"

She's crying over the Rick/Egg moment, as many of us do.

betty was found huddled in an alley on the streets of columbus. the big city lure had overwhelmed her as she solemnly sobbed, cowering before the majestic skyline.

betty was saved one christmas day, and whisked to the expansive farmland known as farmersville. in the wide open expanses of farmland as far as the eye could see, she thrived, breaking out of her modeled shell, and although sheltered in the embrace of the motherly country, she still longed to travel to worlds far away.

as she guards the smoking egg this morning, she dreams of the sights and places the sweet blue flavor trail will drift over, forever knowing she will never return, and a tear gently caresses her cheek.

**warning**
this is what happens when you don't use a draft control device to monitor and maintain your pit temps overnight.

i used the thirdeye wiggle stick up through the holes in the fire grate last night at about 12:30 and then again this morning at 7. the egg is steady at 250 dome. i haven't stuck the remote thermometer in the pork, so i have no idea where it's at. maybe i should check that, eh?

it smells mighty fine on the island today :biggrin:

now i'm curious if the draft control device butts are different somehow over the natural draft butts. :confused:

"now i'm curious if the draft control device butts are different somehow over the natural draft butts. :confused:"

You are delirious from lack of sleep...:twisted:

"i'm going old skool for this one, brothers... no guru, no stoker, all egg, all betty :biggrin: "

I like the idea of temp control devices (sleep savers) but I get a certain satisfaction from going "Old School"...:p

Lookin' forward to pork pron...love to Betty.:lol:

Will she be available at the Big Ten Brethren bash?
Might be a lil chilly out in the milking stall........:cool:

i think betty did alright!
whadaya think?

bettybutts-001.jpg

bettybutts-018.jpg

bettybutts-019.jpg

bettybutts-023.jpg

13 and a half hours and foiled and in the lobstergram cooler with two bath towels.

here's what i have left for charcoal, that was full to about halfway up the firering and now it's level with the firebox when i stir them up

bettybutts-026.jpg

Wow Rick that food is just beautiful and Betty aint bad either..

Great lookin' bark on those butts Rick...did you do your own rub?:p

Back