New Smoker Arrived This Week!

Music Junkie

Full Fledged Farker
The opportunity finally arrived to make the next step in my journey.:mrgreen:

I was feeling the desire to move on from the pellet pooper. Not for any other reason than I wanted to try and learn a bit more. I was really intrigued by the Gravity Fed units and did a lot of research on them. While doing so I learned more about the IVC type as well. I liked them just as much. I made a bunch of calls, and sent a lot of emails to several builders. I found almost every one of them to be fantastic to deal with and very willing to educate a potential buyer. I had settled on two or three (of both types) from some builders in Texas and other parts of the East and South. A couple of Brethren pointed me to Cascade Smokers here on the West Coast. Rob was amazing, and really took his time with me to work out what I was looking for. I found that I could get a few extra options for the savings I was getting on shipping. I finally settled on the Que-Deville model with a few alterations and upgrades. I made the order in early December, and it showed up this Wednesday! I wanted to burn it in after work tonight, but by the time I got home, it had started to rain. So tomorrow it is.

Attachments

• Cascade 2s.jpg
    Cascade 2s.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 320
  • Cascade 3s.jpg
    Cascade 3s.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 316
  • Cascade 4s.jpg
    Cascade 4s.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 315
  • Cascade 5s.jpg
    Cascade 5s.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 317
  • Cascade 6s.jpg
    Cascade 6s.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 314
  • Cascade 8s.jpg
    Cascade 8s.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 314
  • Cascade 9s.jpg
    Cascade 9s.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 318
  • Cascade 7s.jpg
    Cascade 7s.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 316
That's a sharp looking rig. I'm sure you'll have a great time learning how to use it and enjoying the food it produces.

I see great adventures in your future with the new whip!

"She's a beaut, Clark!"

Congrats!! I looked real hard at those a couple years ago as they are within driving distance from me. Post some cook pics. I'm interested to see how you like it.

Back