Cracked Weld

Faston

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Well I tried to slide my smoker over by pulling on the angle iron :( (used for the cooking grate). Only the weld to firebox weld cracked everything is still in perfect alignment

This smoker is very heavy and I do have a low trailer. Would a inexpensive MIG welder from harbor freight be sufficient to fix the weld.
Any other suggestions?

Thanks

Can you snap some pics of where the issue is? Hard to completely understand from your description. Is the weld structurally integral or is it just a joint?

I would prolly try to find a local welding shop and have them fix it if u dont have access to a good mig or stick welder if its as heavy as u make it out to be im sure it made of some pretty thick gauge steel therfore i doubt that a harbor freight mig would do a very good job i have never used one but have used some other no name mig welders and i wasn't very impressed at all..

Thanks guys,
I will try to get some pics in the morning.

if you dont have experience, do your self a favor, degrease and wash the area and stop by a local shop....cleaned up..is the trick..and roll back down the road...

Back