Sunday Cook

DaChief

Babbling Farker
Threw a cabbage & meatloaf on today while I worked in the yard:
IMG_1254.jpg

IMG_1251.jpg

Very nice, how did you do the meatloaf on the grill with the grease? I use a disposible foil pan and poke a few holes on the bottom to allow the grease to drain. Just curious how the rest of you do this awesome comfort food!

Did you just do the meatloaf right on the grate or was it wrapped? It looks fantastic, I have to do one of those.

The meatloaf looks awesome but I too want to know about the cabbage.....I love the stuff and I am very interested in the outcome

Great looking meat loaf. I haven't tried one yet so I'm going to have to add it to my list.

Very nice, how did you do the meatloaf on the grill with the grease? I use a disposible foil pan and poke a few holes on the bottom to allow the grease to drain. Just curious how the rest of you do this awesome comfort food!

I used to do it the same way but have changed now to parchment paper. Just trim it right around the edge of the meatloaf. It drains well and when you take it off the grate the paper just slides off.

Ditto, Curious about the cabbage, how do they taste cooked like that, love cabbage.

The meatloaf looks awesome but I too want to know about the cabbage.....I love the stuff and I am very interested in the outcome

I like cabbage this way and it is easy to throw it on the bottom rack when you're cookin something else. I core it down pretty deep, put butter & chicken bullion in the middle, wrap in foil (can either close all the way or leave the top open for some smokiness) If you take a piece of foil and wrap in a circle, you can make a stand this sits in so it doesn't roll/tip over. This one cooked about 4 hours ~ 250.

Nice! I seem to remember someone doing smoked cabbage around St. Paddy's Day! Would have gone great with my Corned Beef flat!!

Black Irish Brian

Back