My sunday cook

yobtaf

Knows what a fatty is.
Well today was a good day. Actually the whole weekend was excellent. Friday after work I took a 60 mile detour home and drove the recently opened hwy 2 through the Angels crest home. Took my time and took 4.5 hours to get home. 8)

Got up this morning and got set up. Got me this ez up at Kmart on sell for 59.00.
IMG_9291.jpg

IMG_9295.jpg

IMG_9294.jpg

Ok on to the cook. Today we made up lil smokies wrapped in maple bacon and coated with brown sugar.
IMG_9298.jpg

IMG_9299.jpg

IMG_9305.jpg

YUMMY
Then I made up some baked beans with some bbq sauce, Big rons rub, and some more bacon.
IMG_9316.jpg

Then I put some chicken legs in some EVOO and put Big Rons on them and let them sit for a bit in the fridge.
IMG_9301.jpg

IMG_9302.jpg

Then I hung them on the rack with care, in hopes that the thin blue smoke would be there.
IMG_9309.jpg

Put them in the smoke with the beans.
IMG_9310.jpg

The closed up the drum and let them be. Came back about 90 minutes later and this is what I found.
IMG_9312.jpg

pulled them out and had at it.
IMG_9319.jpg

IMG_9320.jpg

Then got the dutch oven together with the peaches, yellow cake, 7 up, and cinnamon and 24 coals.
IMG_9321.jpg

IMG_9326.jpg

Cooked about 1 hour, and yummy time.
IMG_9328.jpg

IMG_9331.jpg

Thanks for looking! Suggestions are more than welcomed, cant learn if I dont here if Im doing something wrong. :wink:

looks good to me. your chicken drumstick holder thing :becky: is cool. Beans on the pit do rock!

How longhand at what temp did you cook the little smoakies? Me likes those!!

225° for about 90 minutes. I used maple bacon, wrapped them, then dredged in brown sugar. Then adjusted temp for chicken after they were done.

Great looking cook and glad to hear you received the rub with no issues. :thumb: Not too many have heard of my products on this forum so thanks for posting!

Last edited:
Great looking cook and glad to hear you received the rub with no issues. :thumb: Not too many have heard of my products on this forum so thanks for posting!
Thanks Ron for the great rub and fast shipping!!

Looks like a great day!! Food looks excellent. :-D

Thanks, your outdoor cooking is unbelievable. Your pictures in your blog have made me almost eat my screen a few times :-D

Outstanding! I like the little smokies idea. That's now on my to do list!

Some excellent looking grub right there! Any more info you can share on the peach cobbler?

Back