This weekends cook

Coz

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
We fired the beast up this morning and threw some butts in.I got the first case of butts rubbed and realized I was out of the chosen rub :icon_blush::eek: How the FARK DID I RUN OUT OF YARDBIRD!!!!!!!! Finished them out with some other stuff my buddy had.Quite windy here today and she is holding temp well but charcoal consumption is not pretty.

Attachments

• 2nd cook 001 (Small).jpg
    2nd cook 001 (Small).jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 161
  • 2nd cook 003 (Small).jpg
    2nd cook 003 (Small).jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 160
  • 2nd cook 005 (Small).jpg
    2nd cook 005 (Small).jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 159
  • 2nd cook 007 (Small).jpg
    2nd cook 007 (Small).jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 161
Lets see the whole cooker. Been waiting for it's debut.

Thanks for the slide show.One of these days I have to sit down and mess with it.Not enuff play time.I added a couple of the finished butts.

Trying a pic of a couple of the finished butts

2ndcook011Small.jpg
[/IMG]

Well that didnt work.

Attachments

• 2nd cook (Small).jpg
    2nd cook (Small).jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 90
I did 8 butts for a friend who is taking care of the folks in his area who helped him out when he had some problems.The rest are going to work with me Monday for feeding a bunch of folks who stayed after work and helped me with various parts and powdercoating this cooker.Also the managers will be invited to eat with us as I still have to build the trailer for the cooker yet.I figure 30 butts shouldnt be a problem to do in here.I know if I packed them tite maybe close to 40 but I like to leave room for air to move around.

Well I left it run thru the nite and turned the Guru down to 150 and let the temp come down.One of the guys from work had a couple pieces of uncured unsmoked bacon that he didnt know what to do with so we did it the buckboard bacon method.For some reason I forgot pics but the cooker functioned nice down that low.time to start practicing some chicken and ribs .

Back