This weekends cook

Hawgsnheifers

Take a breath!
Reaction score
Well the pork butt was a success. I just put a 12 pound brisket on the Brinkman to cook through the night. Tomorrow I'm getting the Dera out and doing 8 bone in chicken breasts, 2 whole chickens, 6 pounds of country ribs, two stuffed fatties and doing up some course Kosher salt so I'll have some smoked salt around.

Here are the prep pics for the brisket. Water bath with 2 bottles of Leinenkugel's Red Lager. Brisket was soo big I had to half it and put the thicker cut on the bottom rack. Using hickory for the smoke. :lol:

See ya tomorrow with more pics...

View attachment 1436

View attachment 1437

View attachment 1438

View attachment 1439

View attachment 1440

View attachment 1441

Last edited:
"Water bath with 2 bottles of Leinenkugel's Red Lager"

Beer abuse. Call the POlice.

What did you use for the rub?

Brisket for lunch tomorrow. Thanks.

No problem. It's only $8.50 a pound. How much do you want?

Hawgsnheifers Smoke Shack BBQ secret rub. Sorry I can't tell you what's in it cause then I would have to kill you.

Do you get a good smoky flavor with the electric smoker? I have thought about getting as to ease of use, and apartment friendly, ut love that charcocoal taste/lavor too much.

Guys,
Just put 9 butts on for tomorrow, with 4 for my little boy's birthday, and 5 for friends who like my Q. Too bad I'm at work as there is no beer. :(

MrsMista said:
My husbands meat is bigger then yours.
I have let about 10 comments by without comment.

I just cannot resist with this one Mrs.

I was at Gregs, and I saw his meat.

I am sworn to secrecy as far as what happened though

willkat98 said:
I have let about 10 comments by without comment.

I just cannot resist with this one Mrs.

I was at Gregs, and I saw his meat.

I am sworn to secrecy as far as what happened though
Okay Neil can't play with you guys anymore. I've told him about sharing his meat.

Well my first cook with the Brinkman with the electric element installed was the pork butt in my other thread. It came out great. Good smoke flavor, nice crust on the outside. I did finish it up in my roaster for about 5 hours and it was real, real juicy. I think I could have used more wood on the pork butt. I didn't want to oversmoke it. I'm using more wood on the brisket. Well see tomorrow how it comes out. I have to say just plugging in the element is allot easier than tending a fire, but I miss that part. It's not the same just sitting and watching the smoke coming out of the gormet....

Back