Price per face cord where you live

BuffaloDave

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
I'm curious to see roughly how much everyone is paying for wood these days. Yes I know some of you lucky ones have access to free wood.

I live in upstate NY and right now for solid stuff delivered I'm at 140-160 with hickory being most expensive. That's without a contract which would drop $15 a fc.

How much are YOU paying?

I can get a face cord for $90. I've been using oak, hickory, and cherry as my fuel mix. I get a FC of each, making a full cord for $270 + $25 delivery, total $295 delivered...

Attachments

• IMG_1273.jpg
    IMG_1273.jpg
    152.1 KB · Views: 190
Live in the desert and wood is not cheap.
dc7bfe1eb805d61f621625803a4b7885.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Oak $520 plus delivery

Live on the High Plains. I can drive really far and not see a tree

I paid 175 for what gets advertised as a half cord, but is really a slightly wider face cord of oak right before Christmas delivered and stacked.

I need to find someone who will cut me some custom splits, though, for my offset. I'd pay double that for the same volume cut into shorter, more even splits.

Several folks in my area of NC advertise cords of oak for $200 & hickory for $250...others advertise face cords for $200...I'm not sure if they are correctly measuring their cords or not. I don't currently buy any so I can't verify anything.

There was an entire semi load of Oak being sold on the side of the road, I'm not sure where he was from, but he was asking $400. Regular mixed Juniper, pine and cedar is $200 and up.

Firewood confuses me and makes me angry. Cord, face cord, ricks, they should all just agree on one set of terms. I bought what I was told would equal a 1/2 cord from a local dealer. The wood wasn't cut into splits, but they said the pick up I had would hold a 1/2 cord. I got a bunch of logs of varying quality and I am splitting them myself. For $240 I don't think I got a good deal.

I called a local wood yard that provides bagged wood splits to a local hardware store. He said a contract prevented him from selling directly to me. He then went on to tell me that pretty much all firewood dealers in the area are crooks.

$150 for face cord Pecan
$200 for face cord oak
Give or take a few bucks

I paid $100 for the Oak in this photo. All split and seasoned for about 9 months
Approx 7' x 4' and two courses deep so a little less than a face cord.

Attachments

• Woodshed 2-full.jpg
    Woodshed 2-full.jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 143
I paid 175 for what gets advertised as a half cord, but is really a slightly wider face cord of oak right before Christmas delivered and stacked.

I need to find someone who will cut me some custom splits, though, for my offset. I'd pay double that for the same volume cut into shorter, more even splits.

Get yourself a miter saw.

I'm in Silver Spring Maryland and looking at just under $200 for a face cord delivered but not stacked. It is oak. Some others sell mixed for the same price, bunch of poplar thrown in that isn't worth a darn for anything except it's easy to carry. I don't purchase from them anymore.

If I recall I paid $190 for 1/2 cord of delivered hickory almost 2yrs ago. At the time I just wanted a face cord but he cut me a deal for buying more.

Back