The Official Pellet Grill Smoker thread.

I only own a Davy Crockett and Copperhead, but I don't recall ever having that much ash blown around. Maybe the first time or two, but I don't recall it.
Sure you have the heat shield over the fire pot? Lol, only thing that came to mind. Hope you get it figured out.

Ok.. pulling all the stops today... Is this normal for a pellet cooker.. Looking at the fact thre's pellets burning, ash being made and a fan blowing all the time.. and considering the fact that my silverbac is still pretty new.. Looks like I have ash blowing all over the cooker, ontop of my food, grates, and everything else..

I've been told that cooking alot on it and getting it gunked up will solve the issue.. There's no gunk on the inside of my barrel which makes sense.. but then again with such a large "Drain tray" There's never a time the cooker will get gunked up under it lol

izYZKV7l.jpg

If you're on the Grilla FB page, there's a few guys having the same issue and they all seem to be newish grills with not a lot of smoking time in them.

Hey guys and gals,

I purchased a Grilla Grill Silverback during Christmas. I've been using it non-stop since then but the food I'm cooking doesn't have the same smoky taste as the one I produce in my WSM.

Aside from using a smoking tube, is there any way to incorporate chunks without messing with the temps?

I guess another way of asking, how can I light a chunk without using any charcoal or mess with the temps?

Hey guys and gals,

I purchased a Grilla Grill Silverback during Christmas. I've been using it non-stop since then but the food I'm cooking doesn't have the same smoky taste as the one I produce in my WSM.

Aside from using a smoking tube, is there any way to incorporate chunks without messing with the temps?

I guess another way of asking, how can I light a chunk without using any charcoal or mess with the temps?

You will never produce the same flavor profile with pellets that you get with charcoal/chunks. Pellets are by default lighter and cleaner... as in more of a smoke seasoning vs “smoked”. Totally understand wanting to boost the intensity a bit as taste is subjective and some like a bit more bite. That said, you mentioned that you have been cooking non-stop on your Grilla. Are you getting complaints/comments that flavor is lacking? Personally, I have found pellet cooked meals to generate more compliments than any other cooker I have used. The overall flavor profile is just more balanced and is done so on a very consistent and repeatable basis. To possibly offer an answer to your question, have you looked into this product?

https://smokedaddyinc.com/product/the-heavy-d-stick-burning-heat-diffuser/

Hey guys and gals,

Before you go looking for additional solutions, what brand and variety of pellets are you using?

What other brands and varieties have you used?

I've seen pellet selection make many people happy with their grills.

You will never produce the same flavor profile with pellets that you get with charcoal/chunks. Pellets are by default lighter and cleaner... as in more of a smoke seasoning vs “smoked”. Totally understand wanting to boost the intensity a bit as taste is subjective and some like a bit more bite. That said, you mentioned that you have been cooking non-stop on your Grilla. Are you getting complaints/comments that flavor is lacking? Personally, I have found pellet cooked meals to generate more compliments than any other cooker I have used. The overall flavor profile is just more balanced and is done so on a very consistent and repeatable basis. To possibly offer an answer to your question, have you looked into this product?

https://smokedaddyinc.com/product/the-heavy-d-stick-burning-heat-diffuser/

I saw this but wasn't sure if it would fit in my Silverbac. I read that it fits any pellet grill but I'm always a little weary buying items from the other companies and then it doesn't end up matching mine.

Before you go looking for additional solutions, what brand and variety of pellets are you using?

What other brands and varieties have you used?

I've seen pellet selection make many people happy with their grills.

I'm currently using the Grilla comp blend pellets that came with the grill.

I haven't used any other at this moment. I keep ordering GG com blend.

Do you have any recommendations?

I’m very new to pellet smoking but I’ve tried a few. So far my favorite is Lumber Jack Char Hickory. Even mix a little LJ Oak with it. It gets hot for grilling & has a nice clean smoke flavor for low & slow & not too much ash. Just my 2c.

I am trying to narrow down a pellet smoker to add to my arsenal.. i currently smoke mostly on a Shirley stick burner. I am considering a Yoder YS640 or a MAK since they seem to be well reviewed. But was curious how they justify the price tag over a Grilla Grills or Rec Tec? Is the flavor they produce that much better? or is it just build quality and dependability?

Never used a pellet grill before, so totally new to it.

I can’t speak about a Yoder, but the build and material quality of the MAK makes it in a league all of its own. Add in the controller, the hopper, the auger system, the ability to add shelves and expand cooking capacity and there’s really not another cooker to compare to it.

Back