Kingsford-Stubbs Comparison

hmacmill

Is lookin for wood to cook with.
Reaction score
Does anyone have experience cooking with both Kingsford briquettes and Stiibs Nautral briquettes? I currently use Kingsford but was thinking about switching to Stubbs because they are all natural. I'm worried that Stubbs wont burn as long as Kingsford. Thank you in advance for your help.

I prefer the stubbs because I can get it for so much cheaper than the kingsford at my local lowes. It's always on sale. Also I found it burns way longer. Although it's not one of your choices when it comes down to it I like to stick with my cowboy lump charcoal and thats all natural also. And cheaper than both while lasting longer.

I don't care for either. But Stubbs will burn just as long as Kingsford.

Now, if I could just get Rancher charcoal briquetes in Maine!!! But, I am very fond of Wicked Good Charcoal as of late!!!

I have used both. Kingsford is easier to get so I use that more. I did not notice much difference between the two.

Until recently I haven't used anything but Stubbs since I got my kettle, as I decided immediately I liked the burn time and ash issue. However, I've recently tried Kingsford Competition (which also says "100 % all natural")and like it too but it's 2 dollars more per bag than the Stubbs.

I use Stubbs whenever I can't get KFord Comp on sale. It's very good, burns evenly. Does leave a bit of ash, but I can easily burn a full ring plus another half ring to run for over 24 hours without dumping the ash so there's no real issue there.

It's good stuff, especially for the price. Give it a try, you won't regret it.

I sure that Studd doesn;t produce their own charcoal, maybe Kingford even bag it for them

Except for the last bag of Stubbs that I used, I've always thought that it outperformed K blue, and I could go to sleep knowing that my wsm wouldn't have any temp plummets. However, my last bag had ash issues like K often does, but even worse. :confused:

I find that Stubbs is infinately better then K. It lasts a bit longer, tastes better, and is more consistant. I only use k if i cant get stubbs. Really, i think k sucks after using stubbs.

I have used Stubbs in my stickburner and like it. Have not tried kingsford in years

I'll have to give Stubbs another chance. I tried one bag, and it didn't burn worth a chit. I even had some go out on a low-and-slow cook on the kettle.

Maybe I just got a bad bag.

CD

Thanks for the feedback. I'm going to try Stubbs on my next smoke.

Back