fundraising using pulled pork any ideas

chomper's bbq

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
I raise money for Give Kids a Smile and compete in contests. I have a small team so I cook pulled pork ahead of time to raise money. We've usually done pulled pork nachos are there any other easy different exciting crowd pleasers. Ever since we introduced the nachos it seems every one and their brother sells them at the contest I attend. It's hard to designate a grill and cook on the spot;however, we do sell the contest bbq we don't turn in.:confused:

I've had baked potatoes stuffed with pulled pork. Add condiments as you see fit. I liked it!

Pulled pork sandwiches are an easy standby. They can be spruced up by getting some mini-rolls and having pulled pork sliders. Gives ya a chance to show off a little sauce or toppings....

(last time I did this, the pork got a spoonful of Franks Red hot and butter, and then topped with a little blue cheese / ranch as desired)

I prefer soft taco shells, essentially steamed corn tortillas, or grilled tortillas to fried ones. Easier to vend as well. Pulled pork nachos are easy, as are sliders as mentioned above.

BBQ sundaes. Layer different bbq items in clear plastic sundae cup. Beans, then pork, beef etc., slaw or potato salad. Top with a cherry or other mild pepper. One handed meal that has some profit potential. We've done them as splits with pickle slices for bananas and scoops of product, same idea. One item that I personally like is my very warm hot wings and then selling water or pop. Quick money. The sliders really sound good to me, wider appeal. Natchos could be very popular here. Many people make a killing on just hot dogs and burgers. Low cost and it's easy to spice up dogs and sausages. Turkey legs make money. Good luck. Steve. Just reread op, sorry for getting off track.

Last edited:
I use the soft corn ones from LaTortilla Factory and grill them directly in a dry cast iron skillet.

I second the baked potato idea. We make a boatload of $$ on these. Tater,pulled pork,bbq sauce and cheese sauce that can be purchased in large #10 cans at Sams or Costco. Good luck your doing a good thing

Keri's Beans!!! Or I have done a mock TB Crunch wrap Supreme with pulled pork.Very large soft taco shell then a hard small corn tortillia with pulled pork salsa, cheeder cheesy quac and sour cream. Place on hot dry skillet (Not very long ) fold over like CWS then place a smaller skillet does not have to be hot to keep the folds down at about 3 min pull the smoosher (Cowgirl talk) off flip with large spatula thingy for about another 2 min. Wahla BBQ CWS. Easily get $5+ Id even go $7 around here... STL Even do one as a burrito leave out corn tortilla.

Back