The Pulled Pork was a BIG Hit!

J

jrd

I have been asking a lot of questions here and I wanted to thank the forum members for their help.

My first pulled pork was a huge success! Everyone loved it and they went on and on about how good it was. I say "was" because there is not one fragment left. :wink:

Here it is out of the foil after sitting wrapped in a blanket in a cooler for an hour. It was juicy and the flavor......oh well, you know :-D

Pulledpork1-15-10002.jpg

It just fell apart.

Pulledpork1-15-10003.jpg

And here is how I presented it. Plan and simple :wink:

Pulledpork1-15-10006.jpg

Thanks again for all the help.

John

Looks great..... Think I'll do 2 butts on Sun.

Oklahoma Joe's Offset Smoker

This isn't good. The meat, the adulation, the photos, your screwed my friend. A lifetime of Q obsession lies before you.

How did you cook it?
Mike, I smoked it on a Char Griller Smokin Pro. At 4:00 p.m. the night prior, I rubbed the meat with yellow mustard and a pork rub. I wrapped it and placed it in the fridge overnight. In the morning I lit the fire at 3:30 a.m. and the pit was up to temp (225) at 4:30 a.m. I used lump hardwood charcol and hickory and apple wood for the smoke. Once the internal temp of the meat hit 100 I began spraying it with apple juice ever hour. I wanted to wait until the IT hit 165 to go to foil, but the weather was horrible and I was freezing, so, with the advice of some of the Brethren on the forum, I went to foil at 145 and placed it in the oven at 250 degrees until the IT hit 195. I then wrapped it in a blanket and placed it in a cooler and let it sit for an hour before I pulled it. I had guests coming at 6:30 and I got it done just before they arrived.

I would have loved to do the entire thing on the smoker, but with the weather (28 degrees), and the schedule I had to keep, (Dinner Guest Arriving at 6:30 p.m.) I went to the oven :icon_blush:

My wife is still going on this morning about how good it was. Now she wants me to do some ribs. :wink:

Yep, I think I'm hooked.

Thanks for the compliments guys and thanks again for all the help!
John

John - Congrats!

You now know the definition of putting your Love for BBQ in the Qing process gets paid back by the Smiles and Love expressed when consuming. Welcome to the club Brother, it only get's better and better.

Your PP looks great!

Your guest can say what they want but, all of it being gone now that proves that it turned out great!!!

Back