A Bacon, Wild Rice, Leek Stuffed Salmon

cowgirl

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
I know I make these a lot. It's one of my favorite ways to make salmon.
The leeks and wild rice blend just seem to go well together too.

I use a skin on slab of salmon. What ever "wild caught" my grocery store has on hand.

Zrc7rMq.jpg

I trim the belly off for even cooking..

g5Sb0Ca.jpg

cut slats for the stuffing. coat with olive oil...

Y3pGHfT.jpg

make my stuffing. Fry bacon til crisp, remove, add butter, sautee leeks and garlic til tender, add rice blend, scallions, chicken stock, that's about it.

4sdpH85.jpg

Stuff the salmon and sprinkle with lemon pepper...

CyxjCFJ.jpg

QkMSWFi.jpg

into the charcoal grill til done...

IhqDreh.jpg

EtUazz3.jpg

I wait for the juices to rise to the top, then pull off the heat.

diMnqLv.jpg

1jiohCm.jpg

ATIJChs.jpg

That's it. Supper was ready!

ysLTlqE.jpg

PnuBp8r.jpg

I like to make this while camping too but it looks like it might be awhile before I get the chance to go!

In case you missed the super moon this week. It was pretty nice! lol

jR6OGOy.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Looks outstanding Jeanie, beautiful presentation.

This pic looks like a great time to kickback watch the world in peace and enjoy an adult beverage.

jR6OGOy.jpg

Thanks Kevin! The coyotes were singing loud that night. :-D

Magazine quality pics and some masterfully prepared salmon! I'm always astounded by your posts which are quite inspiring.

I've got a nice piece of salmon in the fridge for tomorrow's dinner but guarantee it won't come out looking like that.

Magazine quality pics and some masterfully prepared salmon! I'm always astounded by your posts which are quite inspiring.

I've got a nice piece of salmon in the fridge for tomorrow's dinner but guarantee it won't come out looking like that.

Thank you Dom, very kind of you!
I'm looking forward to seeing your salmon cook. I bet it will be outstanding!

Again, professional level cook! I think people seem to forget how beautiful the middle west of the country is!

Thank you J! I like it out here. It's nice and quiet. :grin:

So there's like every other salmon thread on the net and then this happened.

There's some pretty good chef's balled up in the fetal position after seeing this one, and they need more tissue lol.

That is flat out amazing Jeanie, I mean bar anything I've seen done with salmon this is top of the mark for presentation superbly done!

So there's like every other salmon thread on the net and then this happened.

There's some pretty good chef's balled up in the fetal position after seeing this one, and they need more tissue lol.

That is flat out amazing Jeanie, I mean bar anything I've seen done with salmon this is top of the mark for presentation superbly done!

Thank you Bob! You're very kind! Sometimes I make a crab stuffing for this. It's pretty tasty too.
Hope you have a great weekend! :grin:

I gotta spring this on my sons! My guess is they might be getting tired of "marinate in (Dales, some soy thing, whatever kinda marinade....) and grill".

All that is beautiful, Jeanie - the food, the setting, the pix - every bit of it! :clap2:

Looks great. :)

I do like salmon, thanks for a new way for me to try.

We often have salmon when we are craving fish, but nothing like that. I think my wife would actually let me buy another smoker if if took something like that off if it. Very nice dish (again!).

I am glad I can eat vicariously through your posts, Jeanie. I am always so thrilled to see what amazing things you can do with food.

I gotta spring this on my sons! My guess is they might be getting tired of "marinate in (Dales, some soy thing, whatever kinda marinade....) and grill".

All that is beautiful, Jeanie - the food, the setting, the pix - every bit of it! :clap2:

Thanks so much Greg! I'm sure the salmon you grill is amazing. Your cooks are always outstanding! Thanks for the kind comment. :grin:

Oh Lord! Your at it again! Mighty Fine!

Thanks Mike!! I imagine you're out fishing today. I'm jealous. lol :mrgreen:

We often have salmon when we are craving fish, but nothing like that. I think my wife would actually let me buy another smoker if if took something like that off if it. Very nice dish (again!).

Very kind of you Ron, thanks! :grin:

Most excellent!

Thank you Blue! Hope all is well on your end of the world! :grin:

I absolutely love salmon One of my fav foods to eat I would love some of that

Thanks George! I'm a huge fan of salmon too. Hope you give this recipe a try sometime! :grin:

Back