Thirdeye's Curse

• Thread starter The Pickled Pig
  • Start date
T

The Pickled Pig

Since I purchased enough Hi Mountain cure for 120+ pounds of bacon, I felt compelled to try it on pork tenderloin this weekend. I haven't tasted it yet but it looks fantastic. I think I have enough stock of bacon now to last a while.

canbacon_large.jpg

canbacon2_large.jpg

canbacon3_large.jpg

Gonna see a lot of BBB in the coming weeks!!

Nice looking Canadian Bacon, Paul!

BBB is one of the few things that I have not tried yet... I gotta give it a go sometime soonish!

Those Tloins look great btw!

James.

My package of BBB Cure arrived yesterday. Your pork loin pictures have inspired me to also give it a try for some Canadian bacon. Your's looks great.

Tha looks great, Paul! I put a pork loin in some cure last night. When you smoked yours, what smoker temp did you use and what internal temp did you take it to?

I have to try that......looks good:biggrin:

that does look pretty good! i never thought of the tenderloin as a bacon cut, just butts and loins, but i am willing to give it a try after seeing this. how was it compared to lion cut canadian bacon? how long did you cure it for?

phil

I can see you are off to a pretty good start. Heheeee.

After reading all the Buckboard posts lately, I thawed a 1# piece of BB loin Friday night. Saturday morning we had some with eggs. Last night Mrs ~t~ cubed up some and used it in some clam chowder. Just minutes before reading this thread, I fried up some for a sandwich..... Maybe it's time for me to make some more. :mrgreen:

I bet that would be perfect to throw in some jambalaya with some shrimp. Chunk it and cook it up. :cool:

I bet that would be perfect to throw in some jambalaya with some shrimp. Chunk it and cook it up. :cool:

That does sound good. I have used it in stuffed chicken breasts too. Uh oh, I hear some NorcoMomRice calling.

Buckboard, it's not just for breakfast anymore.....

I'm thinking it would be great on Eggs Benedict.

When you smoked yours, what smoker temp did you use and what internal temp did you take it to?

I smoked them in a WSM at 200 until the internal temperature was 140 in the middle.

how was it compared to lion cut canadian bacon? how long did you cure it for?

phil

I haven't actually tried any of it yet so I can't give a comparison. I cured the tenderloins for 5 days.

Back