Walmart Clearance: OKJoe and CharGriller grills

Tannhauser42

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Just noticed that my local Walmart is putting on clearance almost all of their Oklahoma Joe and Char-Griller branded grills. Looks like they may be replacing them with Blackstone and Cuisinart branded products for the start of the season.

Guess i'll have to take a look sometime this week.

Don't know if it's a clearance sale, but I picked up my Oklahoma Joe's Highland Sunday at WalMart for $139.00. Still shrunk wrapped on a pallet. Since I saved a bundle, I splurged on a baffle plate, a smoke stack extension, and a charcoal box, and still spent less than the retail price for the highland at Lowes.

Last edited:
I picked up a Char-Griller Akorn for 139.00 yesterday. Marked down for clearance from 288.00.

You people are killing me. I just got done figuring out where to store the 25+ bags of weber charcoal. I have the weber performer (that I found for $175 while looking for the charcoal) sitting in the garage blocking easy access to the cars. Now I'm going to have to go look for an OK Joe.

Smitty wants that vertical. Everybody knows it but him.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

For those of you who have checked this out at your local Walmarts, are you seeing a bunch of Blackstone and Cuisinart branded products being moved in? There wasn't much to see at mine yet. They were still clearly in the process of shuffling everything around between the outdoors section and the seasonal areas, but I did some Cuisinart display models already in place. I don't remember any Cuisinarts at my Walmart last year.

The local Walmart near me has several Blackstone accessories now for the griddle. It used to be the usual spatula set and bottles. Now they have the cutting board and many other accessories.

I used the same justification system as HDCTX when I just picked up my highland on crazy clearance. The guys were so pumped that I was buying it so they didn't have to move it around the store anymore.

The savings were used to get a baffle plate, charcoal box and the thing that lowers the smokestack exit down to grate level.

Its my first stick burner/offset and I have to say, these things are stupid fun to play with. The baffle plates are nearly a 'must have' item, as my test cook without them showed massive temp differences from end to end, like 100* from side to side. They really shouldn't be sold without them it's such a big difference.

Looking forward to adding some more gauges so I don't have to setup my Smoke probe just to monitor grate level temps.

Ive only done pork on it thus far, because it's so forgiving. Looking forward to finally doing this brisket ive been wet aging about 15 days thus far (10 to go.)

I didn't see any at my local Walmart. My Ok Joe was still shrink wrapped on a pallet and I saw four more. They had ten or fifteen pallets of grills and smokers that formed it's own aisle in the garden center.

I just browsed the Houston WalMarts for this pellet smoker. Most had it for $199, one store has it for $100..

Went back and picked up one of the Pit Boss Copperhead pellet smokers for 199.00 yesterday. My first pellet smoker, hope it does good briskets! I went to their website to register it and found out that it actually has a 5 year warranty. The website says all Pit Boss smokers purchased after 09/2018 will have the 5 year warranty.

Last edited:
Went back and picked up one of the Pit Boss Copperhead pellet smokers for 199.00 yesterday. My first pellet smoker, hope it does good briskets! I went to their website to register it and found out that it actually has a 5 year warranty. The website says all Pit Boss smokers purchased after 09/2018 will have the 5 year warranty.

WOW, 5 years is a nice warranty and I added 2 more years through Walmart for $16.00.

I bought one yesterday and fired it up last night for some quick ribs cooked hot and fast(3 hours). I'm not surprised they didn't have a pronounced smoke flavor but they came out good. Next cook I'll follow their ribs recipe/directions and see how much smoke flavor it has.
100-3858.jpg

100-3859.jpg

WOW, 5 years is a nice warranty and I added 2 more years through Walmart for $16.00.

I bought one yesterday and fired it up last night for some quick ribs cooked hot and fast(3 hours). I'm not surprised they didn't have a pronounced smoke flavor but they came out good. Next cook I'll follow their ribs recipe/directions and see how much smoke flavor it has.
100-3858.jpg

100-3859.jpg

Looks good!

I work at Walmart, going on 5 years this August. Wanted to tell you that the warranty you added doesn't add another 2 years, it's 2 years from the getgo, but they are far easier to deal with than the manufacturer. I bought the 3 year on my Vizio a few years ago and they paid for me a new TV when we had a power surge take it out. Not many places I condone warranty on, but Walmart and Micro Center really take care of you.

I need to see if any of these deals are in my area

My Walmart doesn't do clearance on grills or charcoal. The only time there's a real deal on something like coal is when they are discontinuing a brand. Otherwise it's regular price or some stupid "holiday" special.

Back