Tonight's Char Siu on the kettle (pr0n)

Man, that looks good, and I do have two butts in the freezer.

OK, now I'm really jealous. I've got all that stuff in my pantry and I can't get anywhere NEAR the quality of your Char Siu....

Looks beautiful!
I've been doing Char Sui with pork tenderloins - have to give it a try this way. Thanks for sharing!

I would fan that on top of some lo mein and go to work on it with a utensil. Damn!

Chopped green onions on top FTW!!!!!!

Great pron! (On an unrelated subject, does anyone know why reading on the internet makes me so hungry?)

OK, now I'm really jealous. I've got all that stuff in my pantry and I can't get anywhere NEAR the quality of your Char Siu....

I bet you do cook up some great char siu Bill. Maybe it's just my lighting. :-D

Looks beautiful!
I've been doing Char Sui with pork tenderloins - have to give it a try this way. Thanks for sharing!

Definitely give it a try. The higher fat content in the shoulder works really well in char siu (unless you really prefer leaner meat).

Thanks everyone else for the favorable comments. One recommendation to anyone doing this, try cutting your strips to about 2" wide by 1" tall. I was a little lazy and left some strips kind of large at about 2" x 2" and the slices off those strips are a bit large.

Nice! I bet that would be a good use for country style ribs.

picture.php

John, try out some of Landarc's recipes for char sui. Excellent product and made with individual ingredients. I can send it to you if you can't find it.

NUYZ

Back