Flat Bed Trailer Question

Is It Ready Yet?

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
I just bought a spicewine cooker. I was looking to get a trailer. Does anyone use a flat bed trailer? Or is a cargo trailer the way to go? My concern is the elements (rain) during transportation.

We use a flat bed trailer but wish we had an enclosed . We have added a large storage box across the front.As far as the elements go you can get a nice custom fit cover made from a canvas maker reasonable. It is well worth the small investment to protect your cooker.

Attachments

• chicken 030 (Small).jpg
    chicken 030 (Small).jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 137
Lots of guys use a flat bed or one of the Spicewine trailer cookers which are open to the elements. You'll just need an EZ-Up or two to keep you dry or out of the sun at the competitions.

We use a flat bed trailer but wish we had an enclosed . We have added a large storage box across the front.As far as the elements go you can get a nice custom fit cover made from a canvas maker reasonable. It is well worth the small investment to protect your cooker.

Mods, if this breaks the rules, please delete, just trying to help out a bud...

An old high school buddy has a canvas business...well, two actually, and does pretty sharp work.

http://www.northshoretactical.com/ Specialized, mainly police/military

http://www.northshorecanvas.org/index.html boats, campers, and more.

Known the owners since 74, great folks to deal with

I roll my medium in/out a 6x10 enclosed trailer. I have to take the chrome stack off to fit. KellerSteeler has his large mounter to a small utility trailer.

I have a 16' 5 ton equipment trailer that I use for contests. I have it set up so I don't have to unload it between contests, I just back it into a carport in the driveway. I do break it down at the end of the season but it stays pretty much whole throughout the cooking season.
At contests, I put up a 10x10 EZup with 2 legs on the trailer and the other 2 on the ground with leg extensions I made. I'm hoping to have a custom canopy made this year to make it a little more weather proof.
The trailer is much heavier duty than the load I put on it but i like it because its damn near rock solid even when 3-4 BBQ sized guys are on deck moving around.

Back