Speaking of Cherry

big brother smoke

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
So I get a phone call early last Friday morning from my fishing buddy who happens to be a tree trimmer for the city of Santa Barbara. He needed to to cut down a Carolina Cherry tree and instead of taking it to the dump he allowed me to come get it. It would take 3 trips in my Explorer with the seats down and tarped. I think it was worth the gas.:cool: Yes, I know I need a bigger truck!

I paid about $250 FOR 1/4 cord of cherry/hickory last winter and I had to drive 400+ roundtrip.:shock:

SOCAL boys and girls if you have a saw and want to get a few logs for chunks let me know. CountryHB is waiting til March when the logs are ready:biggrin:

My buddy also has 2+ cords of Oak stashed somewhere for me to pick up. Costing me $100 off on our tuna trip Monday. I love the barter system! Where ya at Mr. Road trip (call me, I made need some help hauling this stuff and guess what your payment will be.....:shock: :biggrin:

SCORE!:biggrin:

8-24002.jpg

BTW: plum is real close to cherry (in my opinion).

:eek: Dang that is a chitload of wood there BBS, you sure scored.

So I get a phone call early last Friday morning from my fishing buddy who happens to be a tree trimmer for the city of Santa Barbara. He needed to to cut down a Carolina Cherry tree and instead of taking it to the dump he allowed me to come get it. It would take 3 trips in my Explorer with the seats down and tarped. I think it was worth the gas.:cool: Yes, I know I need a bigger truck!

I paid about $250 FOR 1/4 cord of cherry/hickory last winter and I had to drive 400+ roundtrip.:shock:

SOCAL boys and girls if you have a saw and want to get a few logs for chunks let me know. CountryHB is waiting til March when the logs are ready:biggrin:

My buddy also has 2+ cords of Oak stashed somewhere for me to pick up. Costing me $100 off on our tuna trip Monday. I love the barter system! Where ya at Mr. Road trip (call me, I made need some help hauling this stuff and guess what your payment will be.....:shock: :biggrin:

SCORE!:biggrin:

And kcquer smiled. :redface:

Nice score on the Cherry BBS, wish you were closer and I'd trade you for some pecan.

Let me know when the trip is. Might just get a crooked eyed visitor.

Nice score on the cherry.

And speaking of which, thanks Norco! That was 3 minutes well spent!

Back