Q ing on the paddle

steelarz47

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
was thinking of Qing on a canoe with the girl whose a friend; thinking simple shrimps all i have so far except for using a smokey joe , simple ideas appreciated !:crazy:

Yeah, that's probably :crazy:. Too much chance for injury or losing your grill in the river...

I've used a hibachi on a small boat but not sure if one would be too heavy for a canoe.

Do you plan to carry the grill in the canoe (and cook on the beach) or do you plan to cook on the water? If the latter it _could_ be done in great conditions and if no power boats came by to wake you and if no wind comes up and if you're okay waiting for the coals to die out and if the girl has ultimate patience and if ... well, you get the idea.

k have some question 2 address i see . first she is 5'10 about 140ish my guess (u know girls and their weight; ain't asking) cute by my standards (haven't been drinking yet) , have not elevated her to the G word just yet, excuse the pun but brisket is a little overboard and yes i plan on cooking on the water and drinking some craft beer (lone star is not beer, craft anyway).

How big of a canoe? It sure would suck to be cramped in a boat, on the water with a blaze hitting you in the face.....

But, if your looking for everlasting memories.....

Treat that gal to grilled filet,some shrimp, and a nice salad!! Want take that long to sear a nice filet. If she's worth trying to impress on the water, then by all means go all out. If you got a weber smokey joe and some starter cubes, it can be done without packing a lot.

C'mon impress that Gal Brethren style!!!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4tIHbL_1UMs"]Big Guy & Canoe Flip - YouTube[/ame]

hobogrill_boat_scene1.jpg

hobogrill_shrimp_scene.jpg

Do that^
make a hobo grill and cook shrimp skewers, scallops, they cook quick, Chicken skewers, kobobs, burgers or dogs will take longer but do able. Maybe even some asparagus, or pineapple rings. The hobo grill easily folds up when done. You can even make her one and you both can grill.

Back