Apple and Jalepeno Jelly

Grizzly6

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Lately I have been using Apple jelly and Jalepeno Jelly at the end of my Pork Butt cooks.

When I get the butts to about 160 to 175 internal I place them in a foil pan with about 1/2 a jar of apple Jelly and about 2-3 tablespoons of Jalepeno Jelly. Place foil over the top and then place in the oven at about 350 until the meat is done. I take the meat out of the oven and let it rest for 30-40 minutes. When I pull the meat I leave it in the pan and mix it up all together. It ends up tasting awesome. Little sweet, a little heat and a whole lot of awesome.

Thoughts??

If you do a wrapped step on your ribs, try either one in there.

If you do a wrapped step on your ribs, try either one in there.

I tried some Peach, Mango, Habenero Jelly on some ribs once. Ended up pretty good and my wife liked them enough. I should try some apple and pepper jelly next time.

Sounds great, but why wouldn't you finish the butt in the smoker?

I use Texas Pepper Jelly all the time on my BBQ. That sweet heat is excellent.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

Sounds great, but why wouldn't you finish the butt in the smoker?

This last time I had some ribs on the smoker and did not want them cooking at 350. I also misjudged the time to cook a 3.5lbs butt and did not have the time to finish it at 275 with the ribs.

Also, during the winter, it is nice to have the oven finishing the cook. I don't have to walk outside and the oven is a constant heat. The butt is not absorbing any more smoke and I am not overly concerned with bark when cooking for the family.

I'm also rather cheap and using the foil pan in the oven keeps it cleaner and can be re-used over and over.

Back