New Braunsfeld smoker ID needed please

Beef

Full Fledged Farker
Curious what the heck this grill/smoker is? Is this a dandy to relish, or is it a tin can that I will struggle with? it has a rotisserie and gass assist. I am skeptical if in needs gas assist . ..

I love my UDS, but wondered if someone would inspire me to go stick burner, or steer me away to save my money for a beast one day . . .

It looks like it needs new axle,wheels, but the front wheels look cheesy, so again, I am skeptical. What price point if viable. thanks for looking

Unnamed_zps7eff9740.jpg
Unnamed_zps45992811.jpg
Unnamed_zps5c68f945.jpg

Looks like an El Dorado, someone must have modded it. I paid $150 for mine a couple years ago of CL. Mine was mint though. I have had decent luck with mine.

Wow! A blast from my past.

Agree, looks like the El Dorado.

It was my first 'proper' grill, BOY did I dehydrate a LOT of briskets on that bad boy.

I upgraded back in Y2K, and sold my moderately used El Dorado for $100 ... and now, looking at those photos and reminding me of the El Dorado for the first time in over 10 years ...

I miss it. And I want it back.

Thanks all for your responses.
Boy there sure isn't much on the internet about these, so I trust it has been out of production for a spell. This one looked ok, shape wise, but it does not appear to be thick steel from the old NB days.

Will I be successfull using as a stick burner, or would you recommend I build a basket and do the charcoal minion method. If that is the case, I may just stick with my UDS and weber kettles.

Thanks again. Decisions Decisions.:blabla:

Back