BBQ Brethren "Throwdown"...Week 7

JD McGee

somebody shut me the fark up.
Are you ready for a "Pron Throwdown"...?
This weeks challenge is..."Veggies"...:razz:

Here are the rules...(in case you forgot)...

1) It has to be "Veggies"...duh! :roll:
2) It has to be grilled or smoked...(comp cooked items are ok too).
3) It has to be cooked during the current "throwdown" week...(Monday-Sunday)
4) All pics or descriptions (if you don't have a digital camera) must be submitted by 7:00 PM Pacific Time on Monday.
5) 3 pics per entry please...

The voting will begin on Monday evening after 7:00 PM...or whenever I (or anyone else) get around to posting the "vote" thread!

Good Luck...and have fun! :biggrin:

Week 1..."Beef"...
Week 2..."Pork"...
Week 3..."Chicken"...
Week 4..."Seafood"...
Week 5..."Breads"...
Week 6..."Desserts"...
Week 7..."Veggies"...

This is the last throwdown category for this summer...stay tuned for a "Grand Finale" of some sort...suggestions welcomed. :p

This is the last throwdown category for this summer...stay tuned for a "Grand Finale" of some sort...suggestions welcomed. :p

I like battle breakfast, or how about a secret ingredient that you announce that week. It would be something like...

Sausage
Fatties (yeah, that's sausage, but more specific)
Chicken Wings
Pizza

You get the picture.

How about APPETIZERS?

Coming up-Poblano pepper stuffed with smoked gouda & chopped fresh peaches, capped with Breakfast sausage then wrapped with bacon.......

How about APPETIZERS?

This is your chance for an appetizer....get creative with a veggie
For instance
Pepperocini pepper stuffed with marinated meat and wrapped in bacon

Really looking forward to this week. This is a weak area for me so I am anxious to see what fantastic things the brethren do. This is great to be able to see such cool stuff everyone comes up with. Thanks to all!

JD, a suggestion.... I think it would be really helpful if future Voting threads could include links to the corresponding Throwdown threads. What do you think?

BTW, thanks for organizing these throwdowns every week. They're a lot of fun. :-D

I think the finale should be open. The BBQ Brethren Throwdown Open. Take your best shot. Let each pick whatever they want to cook!

I guess everyone has forgotten about this weeks throwdown. I guess the catfish in the mix has a chance now:eusa_clap

:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

WHERE ARE SOME ENTRIES???????????????????????? I cannot live without brethren pron! Someone post something. Okay, I'll start it off with veggie prep!! Using the mini gasser to start.

Attachments

• Veggie Throwdown.jpg
    Veggie Throwdown.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 103
Last edited:
This all I could come up with. I would like to win but not by default!

It is a potato salad, added some White and Yellow Corn, Onion, Garlic, Red Pepper and Parsley.

Picture253.jpg

And not a very good Pic!

Picture220-1.jpg

Last edited:
I wanted to do the Veggies this weekend but I've been way too busy, and IKE decided to come through and dump 5" of rain with the lovely winds to boot. But I am posting a pic of some veggies I did a year or two ago. This was zuchini, tomatoes, onions, and garlic. It was way good!
BBQRibs002aW.jpg

Back