Happy Friday Farkers...What's Smokin' This Weekend?...

JD McGee

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Friday Night Steaks tonight...:p

Late Friday night I'm throwin' on a couple of pork butts and a brisky for tomorrows 1st Annual Duvall BBQ Competition planning commission meeting...:cool:

Saturday we're tossin' on 6 racks of bb's and a chitload of chicken thighs and wings...then finishing up the pork butts and brisky...

Have a great weekend folks...:biggrin:

I have a jam packed weekend, so I'll be cooking 2 dozen ABTs for a Christmas get together on Saturday.
I started prep last night cleaning and stuffing the japs with a cream cheese/date/dried cherry filling. They'll get wrapped and cooked tonight.

Have a great weekend JD & Mrs. JD.

Sounds like fun JD! Let me know what weekend your Duvall cook will be, might have to get out there for it!

Temps are supposed to be cracking 45* this weekend sooo... I've got some Kokanee salmon to smoke, some thighs and a whole yard bird done Leanza style...

Cooking a few butts and 6 racks for a going away party. Sending a soldier off to Afghanistan for a little while. He just wanted some pork before he left. Like a true American.

Last weekend of doe and spike season at the ranch and my uncle requested I make a brisket on Saturday. It's raining today so might just be the brisket and sausage on Sat.

Experimenting on some Italian burgers right now,tomorrow chicks legs probably.

I have a jam packed weekend, so I'll be cooking 2 dozen ABTs for a Christmas get together on Saturday.
I started prep last night cleaning and stuffing the japs with a cream cheese/date/dried cherry filling. They'll get wrapped and cooked tonight.

Have a great weekend JD & Mrs. JD.

I had to do a double take on the date here..."Christmas get together"...:?::?::?:...:lol::lol::lol:

Sounds like fun JD! Let me know what weekend your Duvall cook will be, might have to get out there for it!

Temps are supposed to be cracking 45* this weekend sooo... I've got some Kokanee salmon to smoke, some thighs and a whole yard bird done Leanza style...

August 21 and 22...come on over...it will be a qualifier...:cool: We're shooting for a $10,000.00 purse...:biggrin: Look for the flyer on the 2010 PNWBA calendar...as soon as they get it posted...:roll:

I had to do a double take on the date here..."Christmas get together"...:?::?::?:...:lol::lol::lol:
Yeah, we were at her dad's in Florida for Christmas and this is a get together with the wife's mom and sisters family. Since she is of a "blended" family it takes multiple get togethers to get Christmas done.

Going to take advantage of the 40 degree weather tomorrow and finally smoke something. It's been months since I have smoked anything. Going to smoke up a couple of butts and a few pounds of Kielbasa. Also making some Venison meatloaf for the first time. Not sure how that is going to turn out, but we will see.

August 21 and 22...come on over...it will be a qualifier...:cool: We're shooting for a $10,000.00 purse...:biggrin: Look for the flyer on the 2010 PNWBA calendar...as soon as they get it posted...:roll:

Me likey! :grin: I'll try to make it! I was already tring to see if I could make it out to the Alki event, but maybe Duvall is the way to go!

Now I need a plan to keep the B-O-B in check... duct tape?

I have to prep for a dinner party tomorrow. So its a bunch of ABTs, Pulled pork, caramel apples, ribs and cornbread.

Me likey! :grin: I'll try to make it! I was already tring to see if I could make it out to the Alki event, but maybe Duvall is the way to go!

Now I need a plan to keep the B-O-B in check... duct tape?

Not sure if Alki will be happenin' this year...:cry: As far as B-O-B is concerned...duct tape is the sure fix for anything...:twisted:

It's going to be too warm out to smoke on the weber q at 250, I'm pretty sure. But not quite warm enough to drag out the weber kettle and get it cleaned out. I am going to have to start practicing on it - my sister wants me to make ribs for my cousin's first b-day party.

Plan on doing some fatties, MOINK balls, Smoked Mashed Potatoes, and boneless bork butt's. Maybe something else if I get it ready in time..

Brisket and country-style ribs Sunday. Experimenting a little with the brisket.

Going camping in Big Sur! Got some BBs, chix thighs, and stuff. Gonna take some serious pics.

We (like most of the country) finally have a break in the cold weather.

Kroger has pork butts for $.99 / lb. That's a good price around here, so I think I'll be having me some pulled pork (gonna throw some sausage and chicken parts on the smoker, too).

Back