Brisket Question

:thumb:

True! I should say that it all depends on the weather too. If it's cold it doesn't take long but my average has been about 10-15 mins. I watch for steam to diminish and stick my tpen and monitor when the temps stop climbing and equalize. Then wrap and rest.

My last brisket finished earlier then I had anticipated. It saw a 6.5 hour rest and was still piping hot when sliced. It was one of my best to date. Resting is where it’s at!! I guess that’s not much to toot my horn about as I rarely cook briskets… lol.
d927153cee04e54e25b56d08586121e5.jpg

Absolutely killer! :clap2: The longest I've rested has been 6 hours and possibly the best brisket. Still piping hot as you said. Also my average brisket cook is between 6-8 hours from the kettle all the way to my stick burner. I don't warm to death anymore and only hot n fast for me.

My last brisket finished earlier then I had anticipated. It saw a 6.5 hour rest and was still piping hot when sliced. It was one of my best to date. Resting is where it’s at!! I guess that’s not much to toot my horn about as I rarely cook briskets… lol.
d927153cee04e54e25b56d08586121e5.jpg

Absolutely killer! :clap2: The longest I've rested has been 6 hours and possibly the best brisket. Still piping hot as you said. Also my average brisket cook is between 6-8 hours from the kettle all the way to my stick burner. I don't warm to death anymore and only hot n fast for me.

That’s definitely where we differ. I am a loooow n sloooow guy. 16-20+ hours on my MAK is the norm for butts and briskets. Not only do I prefer the results, but to have almost 24 hours of nonstop smoke-therapy rolling through the backyard is a huge plus to me :)

That’s definitely where we differ. I am a loooow n sloooow guy. 16-20+ hours on my MAK is the norm for butts and briskets. Not only do I prefer the results, but to have almost 24 hours of nonstop smoke-therapy rolling through the backyard is a huge plus to me :)

As long as it works brother. :thumb:

Back