It is cold out there

Spydermike72

Babbling Farker

Batch Image
Reaction score
But I am cooking nonetheless. It was 7 degrees this morning when I got up to take the dog out. Started the fire at 6:24am and it was still 7 degrees. Supposed to go lower as the day goes on, also having wind gusts up to 40 mph. Cooking some ribs and chicken today, cooked Pulled Pork and fatties yseterday.

I have pics, and will post when the Ribs and chicken are done.

Stay warm all!!

Looking forward to the pics.....keep covered up out there as that temp is brutal!

Our temp is about double yours....balmy! lol Gonna cook some spares and fatties today.

Having similar weather here. The dang wind is brutal. You have inspired me to cook anyway!

Good luck to you guys.

Those temps are too low for me to be cooking out side.

Just checkin on ya buddy.......3* with windchill of -24.......WTF were you thinking cookin today??? :eek:
I did breakfast for 120 this mornin.......inside! :cool:

sorry, I would have gone back to bed! LOL! looking fwd. to pictures!
it's mid 70's here!

OK Here is the Pron from my ICE Smoke

Ok as promised, this is actually the results of 2 days of cooking. The purpose of this cook was so a potential catering client could sample my food.

Here is a small pork butt all trimmed and rubbed up, I did not inject, I wanted to see how it would turn out:

Feb10Cook002.jpg

While I had the BWS fired up, I decided to do a few fatties:

Feb10Cook004.jpg

Here some spares all trimmed and rubbed up, 3 Racks, one was huge!! :

Feb10Cook013.jpg

Here is the butt pulled from the smoker and rested for about an hour, it looks a little dry on the outside, but let me tell you, this was the best butt I have ever made. The bark was incredible, and it was very moist, without injecting:

Feb10Cook010.jpg

Here is the pork all pulled and in the half pan:

Feb10Cook011.jpg

Here are the fatties (those are for me!!)

Feb10Cook008.jpg

Here are the Ribs all cut and panned up:
Feb10Cook016.jpg

I also did some chicken leg quarters, but my camera died on me, I was also going to show off the table setting, but again my camera died and I didnt have time to change the batteries.

Is that what's known as cold smoking? Great looking food all the way around.

Nice job brother!!! If they don't like that, they don't deserve BBQ!! :wink:

BTW, thank's for the invite farker!:wink:

Great job. It was 0º here this morning when I got up. No way would I be out cooking. You're a better man for doing it. Thanks for the pics.

Great pics - if it tasted as good as it looks - I'm guessing you sealed the catering deal! I've been laid up in bed sick all day ... so thanks for the pron!

Great pics - if it tasted as good as it looks - I'm guessing you sealed the catering deal! I've been laid up in bed sick all day ... so thanks for the pron!

I did seal the job, my wife is a great salesperson :wink:

Back