What do y'all cook on your roti?

I tried a brisket today with a rigged up basket. Was a total failure. Motor couldn't handle the weight. I guess baskets need to be perfectly centered on the rod. Oh well, decided to still go hot and fast flipping the brisket over every hour.

Simple fix

download (1).jpg

Picanha!!

cb1ee12e7e114d034c5cca7dfe9dcdf5.jpg

LR brings up a good point - picanha! :whoo:
Fanfarkingtastic on the roti.

One of those can't stand it any longer deals. Just ordered an electric Cajun Bandit rotisserie ring for 26.75" Weber. Does anybody have a source for rotisserie baskets that are bigger than 14 inch? I can find 17" round baskets, but really need flat ones. I know two 14 won't work. And CB just pointed me to their 14 inch baskets when I asked.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Robert
I have that setup for my 26 and can only locate a 14" basket. I fill the basket with chicken parts and slide it to one side of the rod which leaves enough room to add the four tine thingy to the rod with the tines pointing away from the basket. I skewer four baking taters on the tines and add the second four tine thingy with the tines pointing toward the basket. Two tines through each tater holds them in place. With a single tine they will fall off.
The taters and chicken parts are done at the same time which is very convenient.

A side note: The Cajun ring fits very snugly on my 26. At first I thought the ring was too big, but it fits perfectly.
Happy cookin' on your 26.

Bill

Back