Party for 35 people

daninnewjersey

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Guys (and gals), I've been asked to supply just some spares for a party this Saturday. 35 guests and I've been told they will have other food there. I'd like to make enough...but not too many (so they will be left wanting more and maybe get some more orders from the guests:becky:) How many racks would you suggest? Thanks.....

Count on 10 decent bones from each rack. And Please cut them down to St Louis cut...

I'd figure 3.5 bones per person...the 12 racks is probably right on the money for NO leftovers. If you could get that 13th rack bought and cooked without any headache, I'd prolly do it.

I understand you wanting more business from other orders and nobody wants to pack up leftovers after such an event. You might want to investigate a little further into the probable eating habits of the crowd. If there's an equal amount of petite appetites eating 2 bones to the hungry fool gobbling up 6 or 7, then you are hitting my average...coupled with there's generally 11 bones on a spare rack, you might just hit it on the money with 12 racks.

If "other food" means other meat, I wouldn't do more than 10.

just enough

:p
Guys (and gals), I've been asked to supply just some spares for a party this Saturday. 35 guests and I've been told they will have other food there. I'd like to make enough...but not too many (so they will be left wanting more and maybe get some more orders from the guests:becky:) How many racks would you suggest? Thanks.....

I've done events like that and I think 4 slabs are plenty, especially seeing they have other foods. Everyone that eats pork will get some ribs and those that don't get any will here about it and might be your next customer
Rev RC

Wow!
So many different thoughts for this!
He said there's other food so I'm supposing the ribs will not be the main course.
2-3 bones PP MAX.

YMMV :thumb:

I have never gotten customers from under-feeding, catering and restaurant business is not about leaving them wanting more. If there are other meats, you might adjust down one rib per person, but, it has been my experience that if you put ribs out, they will always go first, especially if baby back or St. Louis style. Mixed crowd, 3 per person, lots of kids, maybe 2.5, all men, up to 3.5 per person.

Count on 10 decent bones from each rack. And Please cut them down to St Louis cut...

I appreciate all the feedback. The host is a friend of mine and my "tester" for my smokes. I gave him some untrimmed a couple of weeks ago and he specifically asked for them to be that way for his party. Go figure....:-D

I would do 12 to 15 slabs. I like a little extra myself for those "heavy hitters" when trying to get more business. Couple extra $$ make a big difference.

Wow! Some of these #'s are crazy! I would do 6 racks, if they want left overs, do 8.

Back