The Rub Co. Santa Maria Style Tri-Tip - REVERSE SEAR PRON!!!

Ryan Chester

is Blowin Smoke!
I haven't cooked a tri-tip in a few weeks so I figured I'd get back on the horse. Rubbed it down with a combo of The Rub Co. Santa Maria Style and Original Rub. Also did corn on the cob and some hobo potatoes w/ onions seasoned with the same mix. Cooked indirect to 120* then seared to 133*. Let rest for 10 mintes then put the whoopin on! Enjoy the pron!:thumb:

photo-16.jpg

photo11-2.jpg

photo1-12.jpg

photo9-6.jpg

photo8-7.jpg

photo2-16-1.jpg

photo6-10.jpg

photo7-8.jpg

photo12-1.jpg

photo5-12.jpg

photo4-11.jpg

photo3-14.jpg

I just love the granulation in those rubs. The caramelization is fantastic, as perfectly exemplified in your cook.:thumb::thumb:

I just love the granulation in those rubs. The caramelization is fantastic, as perfectly exemplified in your cook.:thumb::thumb:

I was going to say the same thing, but I think I already did that earlier today! :rolleyes: I really like the blend of those two rubs, as well.

That is classic Tri-tip at its best! Fantastic job! :clap2:

I was going to say the same thing, but I think I already did that earlier today! :rolleyes: I really like the blend of those two rubs, as well.

That is classic Tri-tip at its best! Fantastic job! :clap2:

Yep. But that was only the most recent of five or six times you've said it and you KNOW I've been stalking you here.:becky:

Back