Cooking Class ATL GA Swamp Boys Q School

Rub

is One Chatty Farker
I am happy to announce that there is a Swamp Boys Q School in the works for the Atlanta Georgia area! The tentative (99.9% sure) date is July 11-12, '14. Location to be announced probably later today. I will work on a link for more information and an application. Class size is limited to ensure a great experience for all.

Location is the KOA Campground in Calhoun GA.
KOA Campground
Date is July 11-12, '14
I'll try to have more details and applications ready tomorrow.

So it's a Fri/Sat not Sat/Sun?

Yeah, its going to be Friday and Saturday. The campground is an awesome place for a class- there is a huge end of the year comp at the campground and we hold practice cooks on site a good bit as well. The owner is going to offer discounted rates on his cabins and RV and tent sites and they are already reasonably priced. The price of the class plus cheap on-site accommodations make this a great deal in my opinion.

Also, my wife and I are willing to host anyone that needs to stay overnight Thursday or Saturday. Just PM me and we can work it out.

• Thanks
Reactions: Rub
AHHHHH!!!! I'm going to miss your class AGAIN! Ugh! Justin's brother is getting married that weekend in Athens. :cry:

Sorry about posting after you Rub- didn't see that you were flexible with the dates.

AHHHHH!!!! I'm going to miss your class AGAIN! Ugh! Justin's brother is getting married that weekend in Athens. :cry:

Beth it isn't even your brother. You can still make it!

• Thanks
If no one up to this point has an issue (sorry Beth!) let's go ahead and make it a Saturday/Sunday class, which would be July 12-13. Right after work tomorrow I head out to a contest so I'm not sure if I'll get the application up before then. I'll see what I can do.

The flyer and application can be accessed by clicking here.

Aaron the owner of the campground suggests calling soon to make reservations as the cabin and RV sites tend to go quick during the summer. You can call 706-729-7511 to make reservations. Just mention that you are part of the class.

Rub I assume you'll run it about like a KCBS timeline w/ Sat being setup/prep day w/ cooking starting that eve & kcbs type time turnins on Sun so we'll be done Sun afternoon?

If no one up to this point has an issue (sorry Beth!) let's go ahead and make it a Saturday/Sunday class, which would be July 12-13. Right after work tomorrow I head out to a contest so I'm not sure if I'll get the application up before then. I'll see what I can do.

Oh it's all good; we'll have to try next time. Hopefully next time we'll be able to make it work. Maybe, if this one is popular, you can do one during the off season again in the Atlanta area :).

I took a class from Rub several years ago...Money well spent!!! Lots of good info and there aint a better guy out there than Rub.

• Thanks
Back