Johnny Trigg sauce and rubs

Funny considering on a Pitmasters episode he showed how all he usually used was a combination of 2 commercial sauces and did not make his own.

Another legend sells out, make it while you can I guess.

I'm a Trigg mark, so I purchased mine this morning and I am picking it up at Uline will-call this afternoon. I will give it a try; the price is right. I will let you know how it tastes.

Thanks for your explanation. However, the use of the term "sell out" is quite derogatory.

Agreed it's the American dream to sell out. I think the negativity of "selling out" comes from when the corporate fat cats screw up the product by changing it....

I'm not sure I would call him a "sell out" either.

I'm sure they approached him and asked him if he'd be willing to put his name on a rub/sauce kit, and he said yes. To assume that this is HIS competition rub/sauces is just you lying to yourself.

Myron even gives the recipe to "his" rubs and injections and sauces in his cook book, but I don't think anyone for a second believes that's his competition stuff.

Trigg just put his name on something, and maybe even helped mix them, but that still doesn't mean it's "his" in the way some are putting it.

Sort of like a "BBQ thigh master" or a "Bobby Flay Swiss Army Kiwi Peeler".
Let's not get too bunched up over this. I did not want to start a semantic Jihad. I like the guy and was a bit surprised by his endorsement. I hope one day to market the "Perfect Brisket Counter Top Smoker".

Thanks for your explanation. However, the use of the term "sell out" is quite derogatory.

You're right. It most commonly refers to someone who has exchanged what they've long believed in for money.

But if Johnny ensures the product with his name on it is a high quality product then to me that's not "selling out".

How about another way to look at it...at 75 years old he has decided to mix and create and make available what he uses?

As a team with it's own line of rubs out I really cant throw stones at Johnny Trigg.

I also lost out on this opportunity even though Johnny and I are very very close friends. The old codger sort of blew my mind by selecting an alternative form of distribution...uline...who would have thought of it....one of the biggest suppliers of everything. One of the great American distribution companies.

ALso the thing Johnny realized that the market isnt the die hards....it's the consumers.

Taking a shot at Johnny Trigg takes some seeds....it's like calling out John Wayne or Johnny cash.

I don't see a huge profit for Johnny using Uline as a Dist poin.t Especially when it is listed as a Feebee promotional item and is difficult to find navigating the site(read Buried). I wish him well but I think ole John will take his secrets to the grave JM2C.

Please define "sell out"

I remember when Metallica was called a sell out when they cut their hair. Lars Ulrich responded by saying "Sell out? Yes we do sell out every arena that we play!" I figure Trigg will sell a good bit as well. But never have thought of him as a sell out.

Back