MemberGot rid of the matchlight.
Reaction score
I am cooking for a party of 80. I am doing the following:

1.Pulled pork sandwiches with sauce
2.Smoked sausage bites
3.Potato salad
4.Green beans
5.Mini cinnamon rolls

My question is, how many pounds of sausage should I need? This is the first time I am doing the sausage, so new territory for me.

Thanks and smoke on!

As someone who makes their own sausage and takes great pride in its quality, my experience is that most people will pass on the sausage in favor of the pulled pork and you won't need very much. Maybe 1/8th lb per person, tops. This is your first time cooking sausage or just your first time offering it as a catering option? If the former, I'd give it an experiment cook or three to make sure you get it how you like it.

What type of sausage and how will you serve it? Will you have any toppers for the PP sandwiches like coleslaw or pickled onions?

A caterer that a customer used often served a smoked beef sausage that kind of reminded me of the Kiolbassa brand that Walmart carries. It's fully cooked product like most Kielbasa, so they just to get it to temp and lightly browned.

They served 3/4" thick slices on skewers like this ---O-O-O-O--- so they laid flat on your plate and so you could add condiments to one side. They had a spicy mustard and a BBQ sauce.

Back