Cast Iron Skillets, which size do you use most often?

What size Cast Iron skillet do you use most often?

• 5"

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6.5"

• 8"

Votes: 6 6.5%

Votes: 31 33.3%
  • 12"

Votes: 53 57.0%
  • 13.25"

• 15"

Votes: 3 3.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Groundhog66

Babbling Farker
Name or Nickame
Tim
Looking to order a Lodge skillet, what size do you get the most use out of?

Feel free to share what you typically cook in it, indoors or out.

I use my 12 inch the most at home on the stove.

I bought a bigger one for using in my BGE but have yet to cut off the handle.
We used it at fish camp last fall on the camp stove.

10.25". Any larger and I'd need to cut the handle off to fit on either of my grills. Both the Bubba Keg and the Cypress have a grill diameter about the size of the large BGE, 18-19".

12 is my "go to", but I have a 15 that comes in real handy from time to time when you need that extra space.

I have several smaller that I packed up when I moved, haven't taken them out of the box and haven't really missed them.

Looking to order a Lodge skillet, what size do you get the most use out of?

Feel free to share what you typically cook in it, indoors or out.

This all just boils down to personal preference. I can do a lot on my 8" Griswold, but when I need more space I have 10" and 12" Lodge skillets that I use. I also have a 6" Lodge that gets occasional use. If I could only have one I'd probably get a 10", but I think an 8" and 12" combo is great to have.

Also, unless you're getting free shipping, I would just buy locally. You can get Lodge skillets at Sport Chalet and other sporting goods store and probably from Bed Bath & Beyond.

I use a 12" most often, but, I have others that are smaller that are excellent. And I want a 6" or three and one of those biscuit pans like the one I kept fondling at Greenleaf last Saturday.

I have most of the different sizes but the 12 gets used most when im camping. At home we have a glass top stove so I try to use the cast iron outside as much as possible.

I have several sizes. I do historic fur-trade reenactment , and it's all we use for cooking is cast-iron. One of my 12's is a chicken fryer with a lid. You can't go wrong with the 12 and a lid.The fryer is deeper than a standard pan.:clap2:

10 or 12 gets the most use here for cooking , but have a 6 for eggs and other small amounts of stuff and it works great for pounding out steaks and chicken breasts-multitask mod- alton would be proud

Back