Cowboys charcoal

jrb03

Full Fledged Farker
I hope its better than cowboy charcoal. :-D

79307018.jpg

89b88be5.jpg

Have you opened it up yet to see what it looks like?

Will be interesting so see if they just changed their name, or if this is actually another brand.

What size bags, and how much was it?

I also liked their warning label abt can cause sparks and to use it in a safe place.....

I'm at the inlaws right now for a fathers day BBQ. I'll use it for tomorrow nights dinner and get some pics and impressions. A quick naked whiz search found this manufacturer got a good rating.

http://www.nakedwhiz.com/lumpdatabase/lumpbag75.htm

The briqs are 9 lbs and lump 6.6. I think each bag was $5 and change but I don't remember exactly.

Keep us posted jrb03,
I'm a long time Dallas fan and would love to try it;
(and might be a good gift idea for some Giant fans I know.....)

It will only last long enough to get your hopes up then fizzle out during crunch time like the real Cowboys.

There would be no way I would eat anything that was cooked with. I know it would turn my stomach. What will they think of next. Hail to the Redskins.
Todd
"The Dirt Man"

I should of known posting this would bring out the wiseass trolls. Im only posting further because a couple people posted with genuine interest.

Let me start by saying I am a lump and natural hardwood briquet guy. No regular K and the like for years around here. I've been grilling mainly with Wiked Good briquetes and Stubbs. Have only had one bag of competition K, and it has been a while, didnt care for it.

The Cowboys lump seems like all decent size pieces, but more "branches" than I am used to seeing. I will try it in the backwoods this weekend.

b25cca4e.jpg

The Cowboys briquetes look similar to Wiked Good. They are not a perfect pressed briq like K, and that is a good thing. They spark like lump when starting them. There seems to be about the same amout of smoke as Stubbs when starting them, but MUCH less smokey smell. Actually, we could hardly smell it. My wife even commented about it not smelling up the house. The very mild smell was plesant, and not toxic like K. The mound of coals was ready in the Performer about 5 minutes quicker than I am used to with Stubbs. I will check the left over coal and ash later.

e32c3873.jpg

3c3701f1.jpg

I cooked some pork chops, tater slices, and a few links of sausage for dinner. The food came out great, and the charcoal performed like I am used to. Very similar to the Stubbs I have been using last couple months.

f7d17efe.jpg

493659e5.jpg

Thanks for the follow up, jrb03.
I will try it if I can find it here in the land of Giants and Jets....:tongue:

I picked up a couple bags this past weekend and actually took some pics with the intention of posting but you beat me to it. Much like religion and politics, I had fully anticipated the howls of derision from those not fortunate enough to support a football team so steeped in glory that it GETS IT'S OWN FREAKING CHARCOAL!! How great is that?! Just kidding y'all....

Anyway, I was wondering if it was a league-wide licensing agreement or just Trader Jerry trying to hustle a few bucks to pay for the stadium.

Jerry? Pay for the stadium? Not when there's a couple of million taxpayers out there...

Didn't a team go through this a few years back; some sort of exclusive corporate sponsorship or licensing deal for the team, not the venue, and the NFL stepped in and said they couldn't do it without the NFL's blessing (read...NFL getting a piece of the action)?

Chris

Cowboys Charcoal

jrb03 - Thanks for the great shots of the Dallas Cowboys charcoal. I bought two bags this week at HEB and plan on burning the briquet today with some ribs and sausage and the mesquite tomorrow with some steaks. On the briquet, I like that there is no coal only wood char. This has got to be a far superior briquet to K that has coal.

Looks good and i'd love to try if I can find it in the land of skins. Hate the thought of jerry gettin my money and duct tape will definately go over that stupid star!!! HTTR!!

i have some nature's grillign lump in the garage...havent used it yet, since this one load of wicked good seems to last forever and won't burn out.

i bet that charcoal would be awesome if it was more Patriot-ic.

Burned the Dallas Cowboy Briquets over the weekend. "Fantastic", these are great. Not only did they burn Hot and Consistant, they burned a very long time compared to what I have experienced with K in the past. Also, very little ash in the bottom of the grill afterward making cleanup easy.

Back