Bbq tricks and tips

L

lazybonesmoke1

So I just signed on to do a weekly ad in an alternative paper (Metro Times) I am planning to provide weekly bbq tricks and tips to the readers. It must be short and to the point. I need 52 of them. Any ideas?

So I just signed on to do a weekly ad in an alternative paper (Metro Times) I am planning to provide weekly bbq tricks and tips to the readers. It must be short and to the point. I need 52 of them. Any ideas?

Judging by the economy (especially Detriot) "How to Skin a Dog"

I was never really that good in school anyway. I always had my (pit) _itches do it for me!

Never boil ribs. Short and to the point.

One down and 51 to go!

You Lazy Bones............:-D

So like just general stuff, for grilling, smoking, with certain types of meat, what more or less are you looking for? It's kinda hard to come up with stuff that isn't already out there.

Always use steel toed boots when using a knife.................(Ron Mod):wink:

I was thinking of ........THE PIT BOSS SAYS...."never boil ribs, it takes away the true flavor of the meat!" something like that. I want it to be fun but I also want to teach them about real low and slow BBQ.

THE PIT BOSS SAYS...If you're lookin', you ain't cookin'!

THE PIT BOSS SAYS...It's done when it's done.

How are those for starters?

Its Detroit for cryin out loud.....

Show em how to cook over a shopping cart!

The Pit Boss says...............something about Liquid Smoke, but I can't really peg something down yet.

Let me work on it.

Tools of the trade.

Use a probe thermometer. A remote thermometer (wired or wireless) allows you to keep cooking without looking.

The old "BBQ ain't grilling" makes for a nice discussion.

Clearly you plan to cover the basic cuts of meat and how to cook them.

Sauce (there's more than one type ya know)

Regional differences (Carolina Q ain't the same as Memphis Q)

Everybody likes to see interesting cookers.

Are they paying you for this?

Throw away your propane grills, but keep the bottle. Buy a weed burner and dig out your momma's Weber Kettle and use the weed burner to get them coals going...
You can thank me later.

Never wear flip-flops when handling hot coals. It ain't much fun when one of those hot little boogers gets between your toes (or so I'm told). :roll:

Back