"Happy Phriday Pharkers,what's Smoking this Weekend?"

Phubar

somebody shut me the fark up.
This weekend we're having another Brethren Bash....the theme is Nose to Tail.
The idea is that a butcher (Dutch Brethren member) is gonna cut up a whole pig and/or lamb and it's gonna be devided among the Brethren that want to smoke a cut.
So....I've no idea what I'll be smoking!
Much0s Pr0nn0 to Ph0ll0w!!!:becky:

Have Phun y'all!:cool:

kcbsjudging-3.jpg

Last edited:
Doing my first cook on my newly constructed UDS. Decided to go with a butt since they are pretty forgiving.

Friday Night Steak Night...tonight...ribeyes! :p Saturday and Sunday we'll be up in Langley, British Columbia competing in the Chili and BBQ Festival...:thumb: Have a great weekend folks! :becky:

This weekend we're having another Brethren Bash....the theme is Nose to Tail.
The idea is that a butcher (Dutch Brethren member) is gonna cut up a whole pig and/or lamb and it's gonna be devided among the Brethren that want to smoke a cut.
So....I've no idea what I'll be smoking!
Much0s Pr0nn0 to Ph0ll0w!!!:becky:

Have Phun y'all!:cool:

That sounds like a VERY cool idea, Phube!! I wonder if we could do something like that at our bashes...hmmm. Hope you have a great time this weekend!

I've got a chuckie and a slab o' beef cheek meat thawing for some pulled beef and barbacoa.

Sounds awesome Phu! I'll be doing a brisket, fajitas, chicken and sausage this weekend. Gotta burn through some of that Blue K I bought.

Pizza tonight, ribeyes and chicken tomorrow, sockeye salmon Sunday, and ABTs and MOINKs for a get together Monday... I'll have to break out the elastic waisted pants for work on Tuesday... :eek:

On Saturday, I'm doing a pork butt for a sauce tasting. I'll be tasting Rox's mustard vinegar sauce, a bourbon brown sugar sauce, a classic East Carolina, and my own "West of Texas", made with New Mexico chile powder.

Sunday will be ribs and chicken quarters for pulled chicken sliders. :thumb:

I've got about 30 lbs of pork butts defrosting, destined for pulled pork.

Probably throw a fattie or two and some abts in there while the smokers running.

Doing my first cook on my newly constructed UDS. Decided to go with a butt since they are pretty forgiving.
As am I! Did a trial run the other night to learn the temperatures, and season some bacon grease into the drum. Sunday I will be doing a chuck roast, figure that is pretty forgiving as well, want to keep the maiden voyage fun! There will also be a handful of ABTs and MOINK balls on as well.

-Wings tonight on the WSM.
-Planked salmon on the gasser (most likely cedar b/c i like it...unless i can find alder to try per someone's suggestion) sunday

Can't decide what to do Saturday.

Going butt to butt - 1 with just a rub - haven't decided what yet, and 1 from APL's Serious BBQ with injection and all that - never injected bePhore, interested in seeing how it goes. Also pig candy and chicken goes without saying.

Back